CHAPTER LIV

this chapter is written from finn's pov

CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

'I MADE A DECISION.'

...

I GOT UP EARLY THAT MORNING

Earlier than all of my housemates anyway, and I quickly reached for my phone as it lit up with a text notification.

+440384824
Meet me at the coffee shop in half an hour, we need to talk
-J x

I raised my brow at the message as it was from an unknown number and was marked with a J, it could've been from two people: Jenna or Jaeden. I reminded myself that there was probably no way Jaeden had somehow gotten my phone number or already had it in his contacts, plus he would never put a kiss to me. So I came to the conclusion it was Jenna, and out of curiosity I obeyed her.

As I approached the coffee shop, the brunette came into view and she shot me a smile, which I ignored. "We're here because?" I huffed.

"I want to talk... about everything." Jenna said, almost seeming sincere and she moved her hand over to my arm. I almost jerked away but managed to remain collected and shifted my arm slowly away from her, yet she kept touching me, god I was uncomfortable. "I know what happened between you and Sadie," she admitted, "and, can I ask you one thing?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you like her... do you love her?" she leaned in and clutched my hand. I didn't even notice she was holding it as I searched my mind for an answer, even when I opened my mouth to say something my words got caught in my throat and I was speechless. "Thought so." she answered for me. "Then I'd like to try again, us, I miss you. We were good for eachother." Of course I felt disgusted but I still didn't managed to say anything. "We might break a few hearts, but it's all worth it right?" Jenna began leaning closely to my face.

"No." I ripped my hand away from hers. "You hurt the people I love, you hurt Sadie and I will never forgive you for that. We're over for good, I should've seen you for the person you really are... and maybe you're right, I do love her. Sadie is ten times better than you'll ever be in so many ways, and you hate that." I snapped. I turned my back to her and walked home.

I'd had enough of bullshit and playing around, I wasn't a kid anymore.

-

I pushed open the flat door and immediately asked where Sadie was. "In bed, why?" Sophia cocked a brow.

Before I could answer, Millie chimed in, "If you're going to harass her, then I'd suggest you don't because she has a whole lot on her plate right now, and she doesn't need you interrogating her."

I rolled my eyes and ignored the brunette's remark, she was so annoying. I took a deep breath and walked down the hall to Sadie's room, knocking on her door lightly as possible when I reached it. "Come in." I heard her say from the other side of the door. I felt disheartened, however, as her facial expression changed from a straight face to a frown. She really didn't want to see me, that idea was furthered with her incredibly blunt, "What."

"I-I uh- just... are you okay?" I asked lightly and scolded myself mentally for stuttering. She told me she was fine but I knew she wasn't, so I kept prying at her for an answer.

"I said I'm fine, now get out of my room." Sadie ordered, rolling her eyes.

"No, you're clearly not okay..." I protested softly. 'Just cut the bullshit, Finn, just tell her!' I thought to myself, clenching my teeth.

Before I could, she snapped. "You know what? You're right, I'm not okay, at all! First, you act like I'm some evil bitch who got back at Jenna because I was jealous, then you break up with her and praise me because I'm innocent, then you flirt with me, then you reject me and then... fucking then, I'm so DISGUSTING that you have to run back to her even after everything she's done."

"Get. Out." I hardly had time to process what she'd just said, but I left anyway and slowly shut the door behind me. I let out a sigh which I'd been holding in, and leant against her door, and that's when I reminded myself that love only got you hurt and I wasn't going to try fix it, if I did I'd only make things worse. Sadie deserved better than me anyway.

I peeled myself away from her door and made my way over to enter my own room. I tossed myself on my bed and turned to my right where my bedside cabinet was. Then I noticed what looked like a letter on top, so I grabbed it and began to read it. It was
my letter confirming my place in St Mary's University in London.

I'd made a decision, after all there was nothing to lose now.