CHAPTER XXXXVI

CHAPTER FORTY SIX

'BOYS, BOYS, BOYS.'

...

I SIGHED AND CLOSED MY LOCKER

It had been a few days since Jack's memorial and since Finn and I had our 'moment'. Thinking about it made me feel strange: was it for comfort? Did I actually like him? I clutched my bag right to my chest as the thought rushed through my head.

"Oi! You!" an unfamiliar male voice called from behind me and caused to stop in my tracks. As I turned, I saw the same brunette crackpot Finn was hanging around with a few days ago, the one who had made the remark about me smoking pot with them. I rolled my eyes and reminded the young man that I did have a name and that it was Sadie before I turned my heels and began walking again. The unnamed stoner followed me however, just my luck. "You know, you're a funny girl, Sadie... and I believe we got off to a bad start." the boy reasoned.

"Did we? I didn't notice." I smirked and cocked a brow, still walking in hopes he'd stop trailing after me and leave me alone. Yet he didn't, so I stopped and he almost bumped into me. "So what's the name, mystery boy?"

"Asher, Asher Angel." Asher held out his hand with a smirk. Immediately, I burst out with laughter and the boys smirk faded into a frown as I exclaimed that his name sounded like an utterly ridiculous stage name. "Real funny." he rolled his eyes and spat with a sarcastic tone.

I wiped the tears of laughter from my eyes and managed to calm myself a little, at least enough to stop cackling in the boy's face. Lord, I hadn't had this much fun in a while. "So what do you want then?" I folded my arms. Asher's smirk returned to his face and he pointed a finger and me, then back at himself and wiggled his brows. "Absolutely not." I rolled my eyes and turned the opposite way.

He suddenly grabbed my arm and violently pulled me back to him, "You know you want to." I attempted to pull my arm away from his grip but he was far too strong.

"She said no."

Asher's grin dropped and I turned around, Finn was towering over me. I let a sigh of relief go but realised Asher still had a tight grip on my arm, that was until Finn pulled me back into his chest and held me under his arm. I could hear his heart racing as he held me against his chest.

"Is she your girlfriend, Wolfhard?" Asher regained his confidence and shot at Finn, and the ravenette shook his head in response. "Well I don't see the problem then, do you?"

"Yeah I do, mate, because she rejected you once; she's not gonna say yes... plus even if she did, it'd only be out of pity." Finn shot back with a bitter and angry tone. I looked up at the boy and noticed he had his brows furrowed and his face was complimented with a tinge of red. The two boys continued to glare at eachother.

"Sadie?" I gasped and turned to the third male voice that had called my name, it was Wyatt. "Are you still down for studying this afternoon... or are you busy?"

Flushed with embarrassment, I pulled myself away from Finn's protective stance. "Yes! I mean no! I mean no I'm not busy, and yes I'll study with you." I stuttered and mentally slapped myself for being awkward as hell.

"Great..." Wyatt gave an awkward grin and gestured for me to follow him. I turned my head back to the two boys who were previously having a staring contest but now their stares were fixated on me. I waved my hand in goodbye at Finn before following my curly haired study partner.

Boys at Hearst High were too much.

A/N
oop some drama with the boys...
asher is not a love interest i just threw him in there to add a little bit of drama :) however wyatt is a love interest and we'll see his role come into play in the next few chapters but don't worry because everything is leading up to finn and sadie being endgame! thank you for reading!
- sophie