CHAPTER XXI

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

'A NEW COMPANION.'

...

JACK AND I HAD SOON FINISHED UP SHOPPING

I had picked out a simple, black solid dress. Although plain, it was elegant and was complimented by the fact the sleeves were off the shoulder.

We left through the automatic doors and I pulled out my phone to call an uber. "Wait." Jack interrupted my action, grabbing my arm lightly. "Can I show you something?"

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Are you going to take me somewhere to murder me?" I joked. The brunette chuckled in reply and shook his head, gesturing for me to follow him.

"It's not too far from here, trust me on this one." he added as we walked. Soon the busy streets filled with retail stores and markets faded into long roads which were almost desolate, surrounded by large empty plots of land and areas of forest. Maybe he was going to kill me. I followed him through the field until we reached a path which lead up to a slope, and if I needed an escape plan a motorway was right next to us. "Come." he told me, making his way up the sloped path.

We soon reached where the path lead to; it was a rickety, rusty gate that blocked off the entrance to a concrete bridge that overlooked the motorway, it was probably around 25 feet off the ground. Jack jumped over the gate which was covered with barbed wire and held out his arms. At first I was hesitant, there was obviously a gate for a reason. "Don't worry." the boy took note of my hesitation. "Nobody comes up here." I smiled and nodded and he lifted me over the gate. I followed him cautiously as he made his way to the middle of the bridge and sat down, hanging his feet over the edge.

"Are you crazy?" I gasped.

"Trust me, I've done this a million times." Jack chuckled. "It's fun when you try it, come on." He motioned with his hand for me to sit beside me, and I wasn't going to let fear get the better of me so I joined him. He was right — it was fun. "I come here all the time, you know, to clear my head I guess." he admitted, watching the occasional car bustle by below.

We sat in silence for a few moments, taking in the view and the white noise of the motorway and the passing wind. "Do you like him?"

"Huh?" I raised a brow.

"Finn, do you like him?" Jack questioned, brushing his curls out of his face.

"What? No way! I just- I think Jenna is bad for him that's all..." I trailed off, getting lost in my own thoughts. Did I like Finn? No. I couldn't.

The brunette chuckled, "When you come to realise your true feelings, let me know."

A/N
pretty boring chapter but sadie has acquired a new friend! jack is NOT a love interest of sadie's —
just wanted to clear that up just in case it proposed any confusion. since there was been some confusion surrounding sadie's relationships, the only love interests there are: finn and wyatt.
hope you're all enjoying the story so far! have a nice day/night everyone<3

EDIT — sadie's dress for reference