CHAPTER XX

CHAPTER TWENTY

'2 V 1.'

...

I SPENT THE REST OF THE DAY BEING LOW-KEY

I'll admit, Jenna's threat to ruin my life was slightly intimidating, but I wasn't gonna let it get the better of me.

I ended up hanging behind a bit after school so therefore ended up going home alone. When I arrived, I heard laughter in the kitchen so I went to investigate. As I pushed open the door, everyone was turned staring at me, and my eyes scanned over that smug face of Jenna. "Hey, Sadie." Jack welcomed me, a beer in his hand.

It was 4pm and they were already drinking, was this girl trying to turn my friends into alcoholics? I smiled slightly before taking a beer from the fridge, after all, I was going to need alcohol to deal with that snake in our flat. I took a seat on the mini sofa we had in the kitchen and said nothing whilst the others chattered. I didn't want to come across as rude or spiteful so I just sat there. "The homecoming dance is coming up... bringing anyone, Sadie?" Jenna raised a brow, turning to me.

"What?" I snapped out of my thoughts and took a few seconds to process what she'd told me. "Oh, no..."

"Well you should ask that Wyatt guy or that Noah dude, after all, Finn told you were going after his cousin at the same time." the brunette said, her tone was sly and cunning, yet not enough that the others would notice.

"Ah, right." I built up my confidence a little to show her that she couldn't intimidate me. "Well, I've given up with boys now, you see there's more to life than hounding over boys, wouldn't you agree?" I shot back sarcastically. She pulled a bitter face and didn't answer and I stood up, proud of my answer. "Anyway, I'm going shopping for a new dress for homecoming." With that I left the kitchen and shut the door.

-

I walked through the mall, examining different shops to find a place to find the perfect dress. "Sadie!" I heard a male voice from behind me call. I turned around to meet the face of a familiar brunette.

"Jack?" I raised a brow. "Did you follow me here?" I joked.

"Maybe." he chuckled. "I'm kidding, I thought it'd be fun if you and I took a shopping trip, you know because your sense of fashion is pretty good in my opinion."

"Of course!"

"I mean... I'm not coming to homecoming I just wanted you to help me pick out an outfit or so." he admitted, scratching his head.

"That's fine." I said with a smile and we began walking. We walked in silence for a few moments, my eyes were fixated on each store and I made sure to analyse each and every window.

Jack broke the silence. "I had to get out of there anyway, the tension was far too much." The boy paused and looked as if he was thinking of the next words that he was going to say. "Jenna is... how do I put this? Mean spirited."

"You think?" I raised a brow.

"From what I gathered, yeah, and by the way you showed her who's boss I'm sure you can see it too. It's like she's got the others under her spell so they're under her feet worshiping her — I can see through her good girl facade."

I smirked, I finally had somebody on my side.

2 v 1, Jenna.