CHAPTER XXXIV

this chapter is written from Finn's POV and is a recap of chapter thirty two

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

'SHE WAS BACK.'

...

I TUNED OUT MISS WILLIS

Class was boring as usual, so I decided to not pay attention — not like it was common for me to do so anyway. I cupped my head in my hands and sighed, I was pretty out and sleepy since I'd made the dumb decision to smoke a blunt before school. Sadie hated me smoking that stuff.

The classroom was filled with chatter so it caught me off guard when everybody suddenly fell silent as I heard the door clasp open. I removed my hands from my face to also witness what everybody else seemed to be so intrigued by. She was back. I watched as the red head made her way into the classroom and toward the only empty seat in the class. I watched as everybody stared at her, as if she was some kind of zoo animal, which made me also feel guilty for staring too. As she came closer, I stared down at my desk because I didn't want her to think I was staring at her too — yet I couldn't keep my eyes off her. My eyes kept flicking back up to look at her no matter how hard I tried to stare at my desk, I hadn't seen her in what felt like forever and I was glad she was back.

Class stayed silent for the rest of the lesson, and people were still staring and whispering about Sadie; it was getting to her, which made me sad. The bell rang and I grabbed my bag and pushed my chair under the desk, however, I hesitated before leaving. I stopped and glanced behind me to look at Sadie, wondering if it was a good idea to wait her for and try to strike up conversation. I watched as she purposely lagged behind everyone else, it was clear with was trying to avoid any social contact and I respected her wishes, so I left.

"I can't believe she's back." Sophia stated as she approached me as I stuffed my things into my locker. I agreed with her and watched Sadie fumble with her locker, I was debating whether I should go say something to her or not. "You're staring." Sophia chuckled.

"What? Oh." I had been caught off guard and quickly averted my eyes away. "I just don't know whether to say something, after all, she probably hates us after the whole Jenna thing." I sighed. Sophie nodded in agreement and we continued talking and I tried my best to keep my eyes off Sadie.

I had managed to, until I heard a certain voice. I turned my back and saw Jaeden, leaned up against the locker beside Sadie. He looked just as smug as ever and I couldn't tell what exactly they were saying but Sadie looked annoyed; in turn that made me annoyed. I watched as he moved closer to her and looked as if he was whispering to her. All of a sudden, she stuck out her fist and punched him straight in the face. I'll admit, I was surprised but then again I was captivated — that was bad ass.

Jaeden fell back onto the floor and held his nose which was gushing with blood. A crowd began to form around the pair and I lost sight of them so I pushed through everybody, just in time to catch Jaeden up on his feet again and edging towards the ginger's face. "Equal rights, equal rights... am I right?" he chuckled.

What the fuck? I acted fast and shoved him against the locker, knocking him to the floor. When he was down, I climbed on top of him and began punching him. I kept hitting him and drowned out the noises of everybody yelling, the adrenaline got the better of me and I couldn't stop. I felt hands grab me from behind and yank me off Jaeden, who was bloodied and barely conscious on the floor.

"What were you thinking?" Miss Willis scolded as she took me to the principal's office.

"He was being a dick." I replied bluntly with a shrug.

"You're lucky I like you, Mr Wolfhard, I might be able to narrowly avoid getting you suspended." She told me. I thanked her and we continued toward the office.