CHAPTER XXIII

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

'CRUSH.'

...

 FINN'S POV

FINN'S POV

I messed around with my phone before looking up, and the redhead happened to catch my eye. Next to her was, Jaeden, straying by her side and I could tell he was bothering her. I clenched my fists and was about to make my way over to the pair before my plans got cut short by a phone call from Jenna. "What's up?" I asked, holding the phone to my ear.

"Are you free? I-" Jenna began but I cut her off.

"No." I ended the call and put the phone in my pocket. No doubt she would be asking me to go on some cheesy rooftop date and honestly I wasn't that kind of guy; plus it felt as if I couldn't get away from Jenna for two seconds.

I turned my attention back to Sadie and Jaeden was all up in her face, which made me more annoyed. Before I could interrupt, the boy turned and walked away from her whilst Jack was busy trying to catch up as she walked in the opposite direction. I approached Jack and Sadie just in time to catch their conversation. "Don't worry he already wants my head on a pitchfork." Sadie chuckled.

"Who does?" I interrupted us. "If Jaeden's bothering you, Sadie, then you can tell me — I won't mess him up, not too much anyway."

"Oh..." Sadie started, trailing off. "N-no he wasn't bothering me I just—" Jack's outburst of laughter interrupted her. "Jack! Shut up!"

"Okay..." I raised a brow, confused by Jack's sudden outburst. Well, I'll catch you two later then." I waved a hand and moved past the pair.

"I do not have a crush on Finn Wolfhard!" What? I turned my head to see Sadie with her hand over her mouth and Jack attempting to conceal his laughter.

'She has a crush on me?' I thought. 'Seriously?' I chuckled to myself slightly and made my way back over to the pair. The redhead's face nearly matched the colour of her hair and she shielded her face. "What's that? You have a crush on me?" I smirked.

"What! No- I- of course not! I just- Jack was just kidding..." she stumbled over her words.

"Well, if you ever wanna go out sometimes just let me know... and don't let Jenna in on it." I smirked with a wink before walking away.

A/N
slightly shorter chapter today but it's just a filler :)
hope you're all enjoying it so far! and happy saturday
stay safe everyone and have a great day/night
- sophie