CHAPTER XXXXII

THIS CHAPTER IS WRITTEN FROM FINN'S POV!

CHAPTER FORTY TWO

'THE UNIVERSE WAS AGAINST US.'

...

"SADIE!"

"SADIE!"

I heard my father's voice call out. What? She was here? How? Who invited her? Why was she in Texas? So many questions ran through my mind as I turned and saw the ginger, she was stood with Noah. I rolled my eyes; of course HE invited her. Maybe they were a thing again?

Nevertheless, it gave me an opportunity to strike up a conversation with her. I watched and she and my father engaged in conversation and Noah eventually left her side. For a moment she looked lost and as if she was looking for someone.

I decided to approach her from behind but before I could open my mouth, she turned and got startled. "Finn... I— hey... I uh— are you okay? You know after the other day and all." Sadie stuttered, moving her hair behind her ear. I was surprised she was being civil with me, after all, if I was her, I would've hated me.

"I'm fine..." I sighed. "And you? How are you?"

"I'm good..." she trailed off.

"Good..."

God this was so awkward. How could I change the subject? "You look beau—" I began but I was cut off by my brat, little sister as she hugged Sadie from behind. The two girls began giggling to each other and chatting, so I walked away since I was clearly not welcome in the conversation.

I sighed and grabbed a beer, busting open the lid and taking a sip. I felt like the universe was against us and I was just meant to stay away from her — of course I wasn't into that spiritual universe shit but that's what it felt like. I rolled my eyes and declared that I was going to avoid Sadie at all costs, after all, she was an angel and I was just... a waste of time.

Soon, the party ended and we all headed our separate ways. Thank god.

-

My dad owned a fair few properties across the different states in America, especially in Texas, and we were staying at a condo he owned. I couldn't wait to get home, I had no friends in Texas, the only people I knew around my age were my sister and Noah.

I shoved my head into my pillow and signed, I was incredibly bored. However, I was caught off guard as my phone pinged and I sat up. I reached for my phone and the screen lit up, revealing the notification I had received. It was from Sadie. I moved my finger to click on the notification and paused, taking time to read what she had said, 'Hey.' I hesitated and debated whether I should answer her or not.

My gut decided against the idea and I put my phone down again.