Realization

All of us are heading towards the after-party

All of us are heading towards the after-party. We reach the destination, and even before getting out of the car, I can hear the music from the house.

I go inside with my friends, and instantly I can smell the alcohol. I see my classmates either drinking or dancing. I spot Reed among the crowd and give him a small smile.

Suddenly someone places a cup in my hand. I look up and see Luke.

"What is this"? I ask him

"Alcohol," he states in a duh tone.

"I don't drink, Luke," I deadpan. His eyes widen.

"So, you have never had a drink before?" he questions. I shake my head.

"Ok, wait here, I will get you coke or Pepsi," he tells me and leaves.

"So, how are you liking it so far?" Ava asks once she approaches me.

"It's fine, I guess," I shrug.

"Ava, come on, let's dance," Noah invites, asking for her hand.

Ava blushes, and I wiggle my eyebrows and push her to him. She stumbles, but Noah steadies her by wrapping his arms around her waist. She glares at me, and I smile sweetly at her.

"Here you go," Luke says and hands me the drink. Luke starts saying something to me, but my attention is on Reed.

He is talking with his friends, and he looks beautiful in a white tee that sticks to his body and black jeans. He suddenly throws his head back and laughs at something his friend says, and a smile unknowingly makes a way to my face.

"You like him, don't you?" Luke suddenly asks and catches my attention.

"Who?"

"Reed,"

"No," I laugh and shake my head.

"You are in denial, Kiara. You are giving the same look I give you when I see you," I freeze.

NO, NO, please let it not be what I am thinking.

"I like you, Kiara. I have since the day you bumped into me," he confesses.

"But I know you will never like me back and that you see me as your guy best friend, so I am trying to move on,"

Guilt. That is what I am feeling because I could not reciprocate his feelings. That I only saw him as a friend. He must have seen the look on my face because he catches my shoulder and looks me right in the eye.

"It's alright, Kiara. I would rather be your best friend than a stranger. I am happy, so please don't feel guilty,"

I put my arm around him and hug him tight, and he pulls me closer and buries his face in my hair.

"I am really sorry, Luke. I am sorry I made you sad. But you are someone that I can never lose in my life. You are very precious to me," I say with a sniffle. I hurt my best friend.

He pulls away and wipes my tears, shaking his head and smiling at me.

"Come on, enough of this mushy stuff. Let's dance and let me see if you can keep up with me," he grins and places his hands on his hips and shakes his butt, making me laugh. I place my hand on his outstretched hand, and we move to the dance floor. We dance for an hour. In the middle, Ava, Noah and Kate join, and we dance, laughing and talking. They all leave after some time to play drinking games while I take a seat and sip my coke.

Reed joins me, and I raise my eyebrow.

"Won't people see?" I ask him

"Nah, they are all wasted. Nobody will remember a thing tomorrow," he says, making me chuckle.

"Reed, can I ask you something?" I ask him. He nods his head. I take a deep breath. Well, here it goes.

"Pleasecanitellmyfriendsthatiamlivingwithyou?" I ask in one breathe, and he chuckles.

"Can you speak in a language that I can understand, Kiara? English or French even though I only know one word, bonjour," he says.

"Reed, please let me tell my friends, only four of them, they play an important part in my life now, and I don't want to lie to them anymore. And before you ask, no, they will not tell anyone. I trust them,"

Reed thinks and then answers.

"If you trust them, it's fine. Just make sure that they don't tell anyone. When the time comes, we will tell everyone else. I was planning on telling Adrian too," He smiles, and I breathe in relief.

"Thank you," I say and hug him. He leaves to go talk with his friends, and I spot some people from the track team and head over to them.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him," speaks a familiar voice, and I silently groan before turning around to face her.

"Nothing is going on, Victoria," I answer her. Nothing is going on right. RIGHT?

"Fine, I hope you don't get hurt because he can never be yours. He is mine," She announces and walks off. I sigh.

Soon my friends announce that they are leaving, and I lie to them, saying my host will pick me up. We say goodbye, and I help Noah push all my drunk friends in the car. While laughing my butt off because Kate and Luke were fighting about who will climb a rainbow faster.

Soon they leave, and I go find Reed. And what I see makes me stop in my track.

Reed is kissing Victoria. I know this was coming, but why do I feel like someone stabbed my heart. I am sad, and I am jealous. What Kate said plays in my mind.

"Whose name popped up when I say crush?" she asked me.

Reed. I like him. I LIKE REED. I get out of the house and wipe a stray tear from my cheek. I sent Reed a text asking him to drive me home since I don't feel good.

He comes out five minutes later with swollen lips and messy hair.

"What's wrong?" he asks me when he sees my face.

"Nothing. I just miss my parents. I could not tell them about my first ever party," I lie with a smile.

He pulls me into a hug, and I lean into his touch.

Liking the 'bad boy'. How cliché.

            __________________________

Hey guys, here is another chapter. Let me know what you think. Remember Jesus loves you

Love😍
Author