Thank you

"Kiara, Reed woke up," Raven informs me when I am in the middle of class

"Kiara, Reed woke up," Raven informs me when I am in the middle of class. It's been a week since Reed has been in a coma.

"I will be there in five minutes," I take Andrew's hand and pull him out of the class, shouting, 'he woke up,' I run out, but then I halt and go back in.

"I am sorry, mam, but this is an emergency," I say with a grin to my English teacher and run to the parking lot. She is very laid back, so I don't have to worry about anything other than getting detention.

Soon we reach the hospital, and I run to his room. I take a deep breath and go in to see him awake and laughing at something Ryder told him. Most of the bandages are gone except the one on his head and left arm. He does not look pale anymore. I start crying, both happy and sad tears.

He finally sees me and smiles. I run to him and hug him tight without touching his left arm. He hugs me back with his right arm. I silently sob. I missed him so much.

"I am sorry for making you worry, sparkle" I chuckle through my tears. He is the one in the hospital bed but is apologising to me.

"No, I am sorry, Reed. You are in this condition because of me," I say, breaking the hug. I look around and see everyone has left the room.

"I heard you sparkle. I heard everything. All your dreams and what happened. When I saw you leaning in after telling Andrew that you love him. I was so heartbroken, and I thought you will leave me too. I should have waited and let you explain. I should have trusted you," he says with guilt in his eyes.

Trust. That is very important in a relationship. Without trust and communication, the relationship will not be successful.

"I trust you sparkle. I was vulnerable at that moment so, I acted recklessly,"

I hug him once more, glad that he is alright and here with me.

"Thank you for never stopping loving me sparkle. Thank you,"

"I love you, Reed. I will prove to you every day if I have to,"

"I love you too, sparkle," he holds my face in his right hand, wipes my tears and slowly kisses me. I missed kissing him, hugging him and just being near him. I peck him once more just as Andrew comes in.

"I am sorry, Reed," Andrew apologises too.

"It is not your fault. I am sorry that I acted recklessly. But, there is one way you can make up to me," he grins.

"What?"

"Let me win in Mario Kart. I swear you and Ryder have some magical powers. I lose every time. My pride is seriously hurt here," he whines.

Andrew and I start laughing.

"Sure. I will let you win one time," Andrew smirks.

Soon everyone comes in, and Raven glares at Andrew and me. Oh crap.

"You are lucky that I am just scolding you right now," Raven tells both me and Andrew.

"I had nothing to do with this," Andrew raises his hands in surrender.

"This crazy woman right here dragged my hand and brought me here," Andrew says, feigning innocence.

That traitor!!! I glare holes at the back of his head, and he looks away, not meeting my eyes.

Thank you for having my back, Andrew. Note the sarcasm.

Everyone starts laughing, along with Reed seeing my face. Reed has to be in here for two more days, and then he will be discharged.

I spent some more time with Reed. Adrian and all my friends came to see Reed after school.

We all leave and go to my house and prepare everything for his birthday. Luckily, he will be coming home on his birthday. I have a gift for his birthday, but I don't know how it is going to turn out.

Two days have passed, and Reed is coming home today. We decorated the house and have everything ready for his birthday party.

"Guys, they are here," Andrew informs, and we all hide.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY REED," we all shout, startling him when he comes inside.

"I don't know what to say," Reed gawks, admiring the decorations.

"Thank you," he says with a grin.

He cuts the cake and opens presents from all of us. I give him the scrapbook I made for him. After that, we all spend time eating and playing games.

"Reed, I need to give you one more gift," I inform him two hours later.

"Sparkle, this is more than enough. I couldn't be happier," he tells me, hugging and pecking my lips.

"You deserve so much more. Now come on, we are going somewhere," we inform everyone and leave. The place where I am taking him is 20 minutes out of town. We jam to songs and talk about nonsense.

Soon I pull up to a house, and he raises his eyebrow. We both get out, and I knock on the door.

"Coming," a voice says from inside. Reed's eyes widen. The person opens the door and gives us a warm smile.

"April," Reed breathes out.

            _______________________

AHHHHHHH. What do you think is going to happen. Remember Jesus loves you.

Love
Author 😍