A New Beginning

Five years later

Five years later.

Here lies beloved An-

"Kiara," I hear my brother's voice. He comes to me and pulls me into a side hug.

"He is still alive, Kiara, here." He says, motioning to his heart.

It's been five years since that dreadful day. Keith said his last goodbye and left me alone in this world. The doctors were able to keep his heart alive and performed Andrew's surgery. His heart did fail during the surgery, and they replaced Andrew's heart with Keith's.

Here Lies Beloved And Loved Keith Tennyson

January 6, 1998- June 15, 2019.

He is buried near my parent's graves. He will be at peace with them in heaven now. After the heart monitor went flat. I was frozen in place. Somebody dragged me outside the room while the doctors tried to bring him back to life. He lost a lot of blood, and his brain took a lot of damage. I didn't cry. There were no more tears. It's like I completely shut off my emotion. I regret one thing, though. I didn't say that I love him back.

"He was such a liar, wasn't he?" I say, astonished to Andrew.

"He begged the doctors to tell me that he was fine and that he was going to live. He made the doctor's lie to us. It was his dying wish, and the doctors wanted to fulfil that. He is such a freaking liar," I yell.

He watched anime with me since I love watching anime. We learned little Japanese from watching that. He said goodbye just like all those anime characters did. Screw you, Kei. That goodbye is what hurts the most. He could have gone like a normal person.

Finally, the tears start flowing, and I sit by his grave sobbing. Andrew strokes my hair, pulling me to his chest. Everyone close to me leaves me in the end. They don't care how I feel. I am again left to chase his shadow.

A lot has happened these past five years. After Kei died, I broke up with Reed wanting to be alone. I cut myself from my friends and moved to India. Andrew wouldn't leave me alone, and he followed me here. I cut myself from everyone because I don't think I can handle losing another person close to me. I brought another house and lived there with Andrew. I couldn't bear living in my house where everything reminded me of Kei.

Reed went to England. I lost contact with everyone. I am finally going back to America. After five long years. Why?

To attend Reed's marriage. Yep, you read that right. He is getting married. Not to me, though. He met another girl, and they fell in love blah blah blah the same usual thing. Two months ago, I got a mail from him that he is getting married, and he wants me there. I cried for a good two days because I still loved him. Not anymore, though.

I broke up with him thinking that if we are meant to be together, we will find a way back to each other. I was even pretty sure that we were meant to be together. Seems like his love towards me was only this strong to make him forget about me and get married to another girl within five years. We were just never meant to be. I helped him fall in love. I wonder who is going to help me fall in love again. I wish I never met him. I don't regret the memories I made. I just regret falling in love with him.