My Fantasy

"We are so sorry

"We are so sorry. Reed is in a coma," The doctor delivers the news when we enter the hospital. I sit down with my back to the wall with tears streaming down my face. I am to blame for this.

I should have chased him, explained everything. He is my first love. I should have done everything in my power to tell him how much I love him. He must have been heartbroken. He must have thought that I betrayed him.

He must have thought that I did the same thing April did and that everything I told him was a lie. What have I done?

"You should be thankful that he was wearing a helmet because the truck hit him at full speed, or else he would have died," The doctor informs us.

"I am sorry," I apologise to Blake and Raven. Their son could have died today, and it would have been my fault. Ryder could have lost his big brother. I look at him, and he is on Andrew's lap, and Andrew is trying to calm him down.

"It's not your fault, honey," Raven reassures me. They know that Reed and I confessed. We got a stern talking about everything, and I mean everything. They were not surprised because they knew Reed liked me.

"No, I should have run after him and told him it was a misunderstanding. He must have thought that I let him down and that I was lying about everything," I was screaming at this point. Raven pulls me into a hug trying to calm me down. She hugs me tight to stop my trembling.

After some time, I notice all my friends approaching us.

"I called them here," Andrew states. Ava and Kate both hug me, trying to calm my shaking. Luke and Noah take Ryder and go to the cafeteria to buy some water bottles and food.

"You may go see him," The doctor informs us after an hour. We all go in. The colour drains from my face at the sight of his battered and bruised body in a hospital bed. He is breathing with the help of the oxygen mask, and he looks very pale. There is a huge bloodstain on the bandage that is covering his head.

"His head took most of the impact from his fall. He fractured his left arm and has bruises all over his body other than his body does not have any major casualties," The doctor explains.

"Doctor, do you have any idea when he will wake up" Raven inquires.

"It might take a year or a month or a week. We are not sure,"

I leave the family and come outside to see Ryder fast asleep on Andrew's lap with his head on his neck.

"This is all my fault," I say to no one in particular.

"Kiara, look at me. None of this is your fault, ok," Luke says, holding my face. I nod, and he wipes my tears with his thumb.

I sit down on the chair beside Andrew and lay my head on his shoulder, and he places a kiss on my head. Soon Raven and Blake come outside.

"Kids go home, you all have school tomorrow," Raven thanks my friends for coming, and they leave after saying their goodbyes, promising me that everything is going to be ok.