My birthday

"Pssh," someone shakes my shoulder, trying to wake me up

"Keith, let me sleep," I mumble and fall asleep again.

"Pssh, Kiara, wake up," someone whispers again. I ignore it, snuggle into the pillow and fall asleep again.

"SPARKLE, I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP NOW, I WILL EAT THE CAKE MYSELF," someone shouts in my ear.

WAIT, SPARKLE, CAKE? Keith doesn't call me sparkle.

I suddenly sit up, and I rub my eyes to adjust to the darkness.

I see Reed and Ryder sitting on my bed with a cake in their hands. The cake is beautifully decorated, and there is a candle on the top with the number 17.

"Happy birthday, sparkle," Reed greets me with a smile.

Birthday. It's my birthday, and I am turning 17 today. A huge smile appears on my face.

"Happy birthday, Kiara," Ryder wishes me and gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Come on, cut the cake, sparkle. I am very thirsty," Reed says.

What does cutting the cake have to do with being thirsty?

Reed hands me a knife, and I cut into the cake, not wanting to wait longer.

SPLASH.

A water balloon suddenly bursts, making me wet, and I blink in shock. Reed and Ryder burst out laughing, looking at my face.

'Is it wrong to think about murder on your birthday winter?' I ask winter.

'Hey, you never speak to me intentionally. What happened today?'

'Just answer the question,'

'I don't know, I mean murdering means hiding the body, and I am too lazy to think of a good hiding place,'

'You literally exercise. So, I don't think you are lazy to think of a good hiding place.'

'Hey, I need to look good for the boys,'

'You are not even real.'

'Well, you are talking to me.'

Wow, my own mind just won the fight with me. The brothers seemed to have calmed down a bit.

Reed grabs something from the floor and hands it to me. I look at the gift wrapper and excitedly tear open the wrapper, my thoughts about murder long forgotten.

I open the box and find a printed mug. When I look at the picture, a smile appears on my face.

It is a picture of Ryder and me laughing at a pouting Reed from last Christmas when Raven was narrating embarrassing stories of Reed.