you're cold

"I'm so happy you're here." Irene smiled as she swung your intertwined hands back and forth as you walked through the city the girls would be performing in tomorrow.

"Me too, baby," you replied and let out a giggle as she brought your hand to her lips to pepper a few kisses along your knuckles.

As much as she loves the city itself, it's even more special since you're gonna be by Irene's side for the next two weeks and tomorrow will be the first of a few shows you'll see, and you're beyond excited about it.

With the sun down and nothing to do until tomorrow afternoon, Irene took you out for dinner and decided to end it by being tourists.

It was beautiful. Not many people were out tonight and those that were didn't even pay any attention to the two of you.

Irene had taken photos of you by different landmarks and special spots. She snuck a few of you when you weren't looking, finding that some of the candids she'd taken of you wound up being some of her favorites, and she even set one as her lock screen, while her home screen remained a picture of the two of you.

"Where should we go next? Are you getting tired? I know you had a long flight to get here. You're not feeling jetlagged, right?"

"No, not at all." You promised and kissed her cheek happily. "I'm very happy right now. The happiest I've been in weeks, honestly. Nothing makes me happier than being with you."

Her heart uttered in her chest, her eyes almost as starry and bright as the night sky. You swore then that you fell even more in love with her, if that was even possible, at this point.

"I'm up for anything."

"Let me see what's around here." She said as she reached for her phone in her back pocket. She started to look through the maps, trying to see if anything interesting was around. She dropped your hand and swiped through everything around.

A breeze suddenly started up, the branches of the trees swaying with the wind. A few leaves fell to the ground, crunching under your feet when you shifted your weight from one foot to the other.

You rubbed your arms to try to warm yourself up as a shiver ran down your shoulder blades, goosebumps appearing on your skin.

"Okay," Irene spoke as she put her phone back in her pocket and looked at you. A few words were on the tip of her tongue, but she forgot what she was gonna say as she frowned upon seeing you shiver.

"Oh, baby. Are you cold?" She asked as she stepped in front of you. Her eyebrows were knit together in a look of worry and she began to brush her fingertips along your arms to soothe you.

"I'll be okay, Irene. I promise."

But she saw right through you and being the worried and protective girlfriend she is, she immediately unzipped her hoodie and put it over your shoulders.

"Irene, you don't have to-"

"Shh," she whispered as she set her finger against your lips. She made sure your hair was out of the way so it wouldn't get caught in the zipper as she tugged it up to keep you warm.

"I know I don't have to, but the last thing I want is for my girl to be cold. So wear that and let me hold your hand and you'll stay nice and warm."

You could only smile from ear to ear and lay your head on her shoulder as you continued to walk. If her hoodie wasn't enough to keep you warm, her arm around your waist to keep you close to her side was.

"Warmer yet, my love?"

"Yeah. Thank you," you said before kissing her cheek once more and she giggled again because every brush of your lips brought her inexpressible and undeniable happiness.