you're drunk and don't recognize her (requested)

Irene tugged her jacket a little tighter around her as she got out of the car, stepping out into the chilly night air.

It's a little after three in the morning and she's completely exhausted.

She was woken up a little while ago from your best friend calling her, saying that you needed to be picked up and taken home as soon as Irene could get there because you were so drunk you couldn't even stand on your own two feet.

She walked through the doors of the club, immediately wrinkling her nose in disgust over the overwhelmingly strong smell of alcohol.

She looked around and managed to spot you and your friends across the room.

You were laughing about something, struggling to stand but wanting to stay on the dance floor, making your friends roll their eyes and attempt to get you away from the crowd of people around you.

Irene walked to you and when your eyes met, she smiled at you.

But you just furrowed your eyebrows, gazing at her in confusion, and although it made her heart ache slightly she brushed it off.

"Thank you so much for calling." She told your friends, who just shook their heads and said they just want you to get home safely.

"Hey, sweet girl. Are you ready to go?" She asked as she brushed her hand along your arm.

"Go where?"

"Home, silly." She giggled and you shook your head. "My love, you're drunk, we have to get you home."

"I can't go home with you. I have a girlfriend." You slurred and she stared at you in confusion.

"How drunk are you?" She giggled in amusement.

"Don't laugh. It's not funny. I'm not going home with you. I have a girlfriend! Her name is Irene. I love her and I'm not going home with anyone but her!" You slurred, pouting a little after, and Irene's heart fluttered at the sight.

"Darling, I know you've got a girlfriend. I am your girlfriend and I'm very lucky to have you." She smiled, brushing her fingertips along your arm. "C'mon, baby girl."

You gasped at her soft touch, your eyes lighting up when you realized that she was there.

"Irene, you're here!" You said happily, throwing your arms around.

"I'm here, my love." She said, kissing your head and rubbing your back.

"How long have you been here? Did you see that girl that tried to get me to go home with her?"

It took a moment to sink in, but she couldn't help but giggle when it clicked.

"I didn't." She pretended, playing along.

"She tried to get me to go home with her. But don't worry! I said I have a girlfriend and I wasn't going home with anyone but you. I love you, only you."

"Oh, baby. I love you too." She smiled, stroking your cheek. "Come on. Let's go home."

You nodded happily and she put her arm around you, waving goodbye to your friends as she led you out to the car.

You shivered when you got out, so she gave you her jacket and then helped you into the car, where you buckled up and fell asleep almost immediately.

"Sleep tight, cutie. We'll be home soon." She smiled and bit her lip, trying to hold back a laugh, feeling so excited to tease you about all of this in the morning.