Black Hearts (Natasha)

Natasha Romanoff was a spy, an assassin. But she was still a human being and that qualified her for having a soulmate. She didn't think she would find her though, what were the odds?

The black heart on her arm was a jab a lot of criminals used to get to her, it didn't work though. A lot of them had the black hearts on their skin as well.

Hers was black on the inside of her wrist. The heart was small, barely above the side of a peanut. She sometimes fantasized about meeting that special someone and seeing that heart grow and turn that deep red that let her know she was worth a soulmate.

But she knew that fantasizing was for children, just like love. So she locked those fantasies away and carried on with life.

You, on the other hand, were a hopeless romantic who dreamt of finding your soulmate and living the perfect life.

You fantasized all the time, sometimes too much. You would have to thank that, though. It was part of the reason you met her, the person woman. Even if it did almost kill you.

You were just headed to work your nighttime shift at the bar. Your car was parked in the lot across the street, the bar itself didn't have a parking lot, so you had to use the one across the street like everyone else. You didn't fuss though, it wasn't a huge inconvenience.

You got out of the car, covering up because of the snow. It wasn't heavy. The snow was light, it was just cold out. You didn't mind much, you could get past the cold.

You got to the sidewalk and looked down at your wrist where your little black heart was. You smiled at it as you walked across the street. Just as you were going to look up, seeing the bright light headed your way, there was a loud honk and you realized there was a car headed your way. It was too close to move out of the way and the pure shock almost had you stuck in the one spot.

Suddenly, in the nick of time, you were tackled by someone who moved you out of the way and shoved you to the other side of the road. You both rolled onto the snow and bumped into the sidewalk in front of the bar. "Ow..." you muttered.

You looked up and sighed, swallowing hard. You looked back at your hero and said, "You saved my life."

She sat up, dusting out her red hair that was now covered in snow. "Yeah, well," she said, looking back up at you with a slight pant, "It was my pleasure."

You blinked, "Thank you." You looked up at the bar. She stood and held a hand out for you. You smiled and took as she helped you to your feet.

You got a good look at her as the lights from the bar reflected off her face. She was beautiful. She had red hair that stopped just above her shoulders, gorgeous green eyes that gazed back at you like jade gemstones, peach skin that was warm to the touch, despite the cold air around her. Her cheeks and nose were tinted pink because of the freezing air and her hair was now in a mess from her saving you. She moved a strand of hair behind her ear when it fell in her face.

You blushed, thanking the cold for covering for you. You chuckled lightly from the overwhelming feeling in your chest, "Um, hey, I work here. Maybe I could get you a drink on the house."

She smiled and shook her head, "No need, don't sweat it."

"No, please," you smiled, "I insist."

She gazed at you for a moment and nodded, "Okay, let's go."

You let out a breath and nodded, gesturing to the door. You both walked inside the warm bar and took off your coats. She set hers on her seat and you went behind the bar, putting on your apron and asking what she wanted.

You got her order to her in no time, handing it to her before taking a few more orders down the bar. You went back to her and smiled, "So, what's your name?" You scratched your wrist as you asked, it randomly started itching.