Children (Nat/Wanda)

So... missions didn't always go as planned. No matter who was on the team, it wasn't impossible for things to go wrong. And when those things go wrong - which isn't often - everyone immediately goes to blaming each other.

You were just happy the only people who went on this mission was you, Natasha, and Wanda. You weren't excited that the two latter members were a couple... which meant they argued more than the others would have.

It was supposed to be a simple data mission. You were sent into a base to collect stolen information and destroy the rest. Wanda was supposed to sneak in with Natasha, taking care of each other's cover with her magic. Natasha would take care of retrieving, downloading, and destroying data.

You were the lookout and backup. You had healing magic in case something went wrong (and they did). You were also a newbie, Steve wasn't sure if he was ready for you to go out completely on to the field. This was one of your first missions. He wanted to settle for backup.

But after this mission, he was bumping you up from newbie, or at least he was. The deal was to complete ten missions successfully before he officially put you in the field and see how your training was paying off.

But now that the mission had gone sideways, that wasn't going to happen until your next call - which could be weeks from then.

Back on the Quinjet, Natasha and Wanda were stating each other down before they finally erupted, you in the middle of their fight as you healed Natasha's displaced ankle and skinned leg.

"What was your problem back there?" Wanda spoke angrily. You sighed heavily in response.

Natasha shot back, moving forward in her seat as she went to reply to her outburst, "Me? How is this my fault? You were supposed to maintain our cover and make sure we weren't found out so we could get in and out of the base."

You rolled your eyes, sitting back so you could once again get a better position, your hands wrapped around her bare ankle as you restarted the healing after losing your grip.

"And I did that!" Wanda yelled back, "You were the one who decided to start shooting when someone saw us! If you hadn't decided to go guns blazing, we would've gotten out."

"Or," Natasha replied, "You would have been shot! We're in this together, Wanda, and if that means messing up a mission to save you, then so be it."

Wanda sighed heavily, "But I wouldn't have gotten shot, Natasha! I have magic, most of my job was to make sure we didn't get shot. But then they started shooting and we were too busy running away to get anything done. Now the data is lost and we have to wait longer for another mission to retrieve it again, this time with a babysitter."

Natasha's leg moved again and you grumbled as you readjusted to restart the healing yet again. She argued back, "Yeah, the data is lost. So mission failed. And it's so clearly my fault because I wanted to protect you more than the precious data Fury wants back!"

Wanda groaned and her eyes began to glow red as her frustration worsened, "You're not listening to me! I don't need your protection, and thanks to you, we failed the mission."

Natasha moved her let yet again and you verbally groaned. You grabbed a hold of her ankle, snapping it back into place, and rushing your healing process.

Natasha hissed, unprepared for the unexpected change in roughness. They both looked down at you and you stood up. Wanda hissed suddenly and you turned around to see some blood beginning to seep out of her suit.

You moved the clothing out of the way, looking at the graze in her side from a semi-missed bullet. "Wanda, you were grazed," you told her, placing your hand on the wound and healing it.