THANK GOD I'M ALREADY IN THE HOSPITAL

First Person

Episode: Silverfinger
Chapter 58

"You did have to come with me you know

"You did have to come with me you know." Stiles says as I drive him to the hospital.

"Yes I did." I tell him not taking my eyes off the road.

"You're missing class." He says.

"I don't care about class. I care about you. Driving you to the hospital to see what's wrong. Not letting you drive anymore today because you're clearly exhausted and need to sleep." I explain.

"Thanks baby." He says with a small smile on his face.

I just reach over and grab his hand.

We get to the hospital and he goes to check in.

We sit in silence for a few minutes before a familiar face appears in front of us.

"Dr. Gardner's not back until next week..." Melissa tells Stiles.

"Do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care doctors, or..." She asks him.

"Stiles? Are you all right?" She says in a more worried tone.

That's when I look at Stiles and see that he has a dazed look.

"Stiles?" I grab his arm.

"I don't know... I guess... I guess not really?" He says anxiously.

"All right, kiddo, all right. Come with me. It's okay." She says leading him into a room.

"Can Cassie come?" He asks her.

She looks back at me and nods. "Of course."

I follow them both in and Stiles grabs my hand before sitting in the bed with Melissa in front of us.

She pulls out her pen and notepad. "What have you been experimenting lately?"

"Blackouts... But not for that long. And sleepwalking, which I used to do a lot as a kid... Um, I'm also having some really bad anxiety..." He tells her with a shaky voice. I squeeze his hand as comfort.

"Panic attacks?" Melissa asks.

He nods. "Yeah, a couple... Oh, and I temporarily lost the ability to read. But, that might have had more to do with this giant magic tree and the whole human sacrifice thing..."

Melissa smiles at his attempt to joke. "I remember something vaguely about that, yes."

"How many hours of sleep are you getting?" She gets back to the questions.

"Eight." He answers.

That's not bad.

"A night?" Is her follow up question.