A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE

First Person

Episode: Fireflies
Chapter 7

Scott had texted us to let us know that Erica was dead and the girl that was with Boyd was Derek's younger sister Cora

I was sad that Erica was gone. Happy that Boyd was at least okay but Erica didn't deserve what she got.

Stiles and I had stayed with Peter for another 20 minutes then I got a call from Lydia.

It was short and she didn't say much all I got out of it was that she was at the pool and that I needed to hurry up.

I grabbed Stiles and we left.

I explained to him where we had to go and why.

When he saw the panic on my face he drove faster.

"Lydia?" I call out as soon as we get to the pool.

"Lydia? Lydia, are you okay?" I ask running up to her side and grabbing onto her.

"I'm okay..." She says shakily.

"That, over there...? Not okay." She points to a dead body.

It's horrible and I mean really horrible. Like blood all over horrible.

"Yeah. All right. I'm gonna call my dad." Stiles says grimacing at the body.

"I already called 911." She tells us.

I rub her back as she leans her head on me.

She's really scared and I can't say I blame her.

"You called the police before you called us?" Stiles asks yelling slightly.

"I'm supposed to call you first when I find a dead body?" Lydia asks confused.

"YESSSSSS!" Stiles exclaims loudly.

"Stiles!" I say getting his attention.

He calms down and pulls out his phone to call Scott and let him know what's happening.

Instead of listening in I bring Lydia away from the body to talk to her.

"Hey are you sure you're okay? You know you can tell me right?" I ask her.

She nods. "I know I can. Of course I know that. It's just I don't even know how I got here. First I was screaming my head off at home and I don't know why and then I'm driving to get tylenol and I end up finding a dead body instead."

"I'm so sorry. If it was up to me you wouldn't have been dragged into any of this." I tell her.

She shakes her head. "None of this is your fault. Plus if I have you, I know I'll be okay. That's what sisters do. They're there for each other."

I tear up a little. Sure I thought of us as sister and assumed that Lydia did too but hearing her say it made it all real.

"Yeah. Yeah that what sisters do." I say pulling her into a hug.

She laughs and wraps her arms around me.

The cops show up we talk to them and tell them everything. They tell Lydia that they're going to give her a police escort and I decide to ride with her.

I know Stiles is following too.

"You didn't have to follow us home." Lydia says as we walk into my room.

"I just wanted to make sure you two got in okay." He tells us.

"...We had a police escort." I tell him.

"I know the inner workings of that force, all right? They're not nearly as reliable as people think!" He says defensively.

"Well, you also didn't have to follow us into my room..." I say amused.

Lydia smirks at this and crosses her arms glancing at him.

"Well, I, uh..." Stiles stammers.

"Yeah, I don't have an answer for that." He says putting his head down.

"I can leave!" He points to the door.

"Are you really gonna go without asking me the question that you've been dying to ask me?" Lydia asks tiredly.

Looks like the fun and jokes are over.

"Well, I'm not..." Stiles starts trying to play dumb.

"I haven't been dying to ask anything. I..." He says stuttering a little.

"No questions here for Stiles! Nothing!" He tells her finally getting it out.

"I can see it on your face." She says skeptically.

"...Maybe my face just has, like, a naturally interrogatory exp-expression...?" Stiles says awkwardly.

I know he has a question and so does Lydia. We just want him to spit it out so we can talk.

"Well, your interrogatory expression is getting on my nerves!" Lydia finally snaps.

She sighs. "The answer is... I have no clue how I ended up finding that body. I didn't even know where I was until I got out of the car."

Stiles frowns and glances at me. I nod telling him to say what we're both thinking.

"Yeah, but the last time something like this happened..." He trails off.

"I know-- Derek's uncle." Lydia sighs.

I nod. "Peter."

"Well I'm gonna head to bed. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Lydia tells us.

Stiles' eyes widen and a small blush forms on his face.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with me?" I ask her. I don't think it's good idea for her to be alone.

She glances between Stiles and I. "I'm good. I don't want to be apart of anything that might happen."

She leaves and I turn to Stiles.

"Is this ever going to end?" I ask him.

"What?" He questions.

"This. Everything we've had to go through. It's like a constant nightmare and it's horrible. I'm tired of it. I'm tired in general. I just want things to be normal." I tell him.

He gets up and sits next to me.

"Hey it's going to be okay. Once we get this sorted out everything will be okay." He says wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I shake my head. "No it won't. It won't be okay. It won't be normal so it won't be okay. Scott will still be a werewolf, I'll still be a freaking Siren and Lydia will be whatever the hell she is."

"Whoa hey clam down." Stiles starts to rub my back.

Once I'm calm again he pulls away slightly to grab his phone that had went off.

"I want to enjoy my life again." I say not even to him in particular just in general.

He sighs. "Well looks like that is gonna have to wait a little longer."

He shows me his phone which has a text from Melissa tells him she needs us at the hospital now.

We leave and I pray that everything is okay and no one is dead.

Knowing our luck that's not what it is.

Pretty short but I wanted to save some for the next chapter. Now some of you are probably wondering when or if Stiles is ever gonna tell Cass what happened between him and Heather and the answer is yes. He will tell her and it will be soon. Until next time my loves.