WE WERE TOO LATE

First Person

Episode: Currents
Chapter 22

"Okay, so what does this kid's homework have to do with finding Deaton?" Cora asks as we stand in the animal clinic

Scott just got here from Allison's and hopefully we can try and out all these pieces together and find Deaton.

"Because it's not just homework, okay? It's a project on geomagnetic fields. They flow through the earth. They can even be affected by lunar phases, all right?" Stiles explains.

"Now, look at this-- this is a note from Harris on Danny's proposal." He shows us.

"'I strongly advise you to choose another topic. The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class.'" Lydia reads aloud.

"Harris wasn't just a sacrifice-- he knew something." I say in realization.

"Now, check this out—" Stiles shows us something else.

"Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, all right? Danny had one, too. Danny marked all the telluric currents, okay? Now, the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it actually is a beacon-- you wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through the earth is around this town." Stiles pulls out two maps.

"Stiles, look. They match!" Scott points.

"All right, there's three places, right? Where they're kidnapped, and then the place where their body was found." Scott says.

"Look, that's right on the telluric current." Lydia points out.

"So, maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between?" I suggest.

Stiles reaches for the maps. "Let me see that. You said there's six more bodies to be found. Deaton's one of them. Gotta be somewhere in between, right?"

"Stop." Cora tells us.

"He's in the vault-- the same vault." She looks us all in the eyes.

Deaton is in the same vault Boyd and Cora were trapped in all summer. The one where Erica was killed.

"Guys, hold on—" Lydia says with wide eyes.

"Lydia, we don't have time-" Stiles tells her.

"It's Boyd. The plan didn't work. They cut the power." Cora tells us reading from her phone.

"It's just like he said..." Scott says stunned and I wonder who he means.

"Go. I can save Deaton myself." Scott tells us.

"What? No Scott that's too dangerous." I tell him.

Stiles nods agreeing with me. "What? Scott, what about us?"

"Cora can't get there fast enough without you. Go. We can save both of them." Scott tells us before leaving quickly to save Deaton.

Stiles sighs. "All right. Let's go."

"Hey he'll be okay." Stiles tells me when he sees my hesitation to leave.

I nod then follow him out.

We drive as fast as we can to get to Derek's loft. When we get there to power is out.

We head to the breaker room to try and fix it. There's so many levers I don't know what to pull.

"Okay, what do we do?" Stiles asks looking to us.

"We pull them. Pull all of them." Lydia tells him.

We pull them all as fast as we can and when the powers back we rush upstairs.

We we're too late.

We see Isaac on the ground holding Ms. Blake.

That wasn't the worst thing though. She was at least okay. Traumatized but okay.

It was Boyd.

There was blood oozing out of him. Derek's hand were covered in blood.

I see the Alpha pack leaving and then I realize that they made Derek do it.

They made him kill his own beta.

"It's okay..." Boyd tells Derek as he takes short breaths.

Cora takes short steps forward.

Boyd was her friend. They were stuck in that vault together for months. Now he's gone.

"No, no... No, it's not... It's not..." Derek says pleasingly.

I can't help but cry. He didn't deserve this. All he wanted to do was help Derek. This is what he got.

I feel Stiles pull me into his arms and I wrap my arms around him.

No matter how mad I am at him he's still Stiles. My Stiles and he always will be.

"It's all okay, Derek..." Boyd smiles at him.

"I'm... I'm sorry." Derek cries.

"The full moon... that feeling? That was worth it. There's a lunar eclipse. I always wondered what... what that felt like for one of us... for one of us..." Boyd says weakly.

He means Erica too. His friend. One of his first friends. They were together and then they killed her and now they killed him.

I cover my mouth to prevent everyone from hearing my sobs.

Stiles pulls me closer and I bury my head in his chest.

Cora leans over Boyd and sobs. It breaks my heart.

Derek looks down at his hands and I can see the pain on his face.

Stiles passes me over to Lydia and we hold each other crying quietly.

I see Stiles walk over to Derek and put a hand on his shoulder for comfort.

These people are evil. They need to be stopped.

I'll do whatever I can to get justice for Boyd and Erica and everyone they've hurt along the way.

This on hurt. A lot. I loved Boyd and I cried like so hard when he died. Derek's reaction to it literally killed me. Also Stassidy makes some progress. We'll just have to see where that goes soon. Love you my beautiful/handsome people.