ADOPTION

First Person

Episode: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 43

Episode: Lunar EllipseChapter 43

This is it. Today is the day that I'm going to be adopted. I'm going to officially be a Martin.

I think Lydia's more excited than anyone about this. She's been counting down the days since she found out.

"Mom, Cass, Hurry up we're gonna be late." Lydia tells from downstairs.

I walk out of my room and meet my mom in the hallway.

"I swear you would think it was her big day by the way she's acting." Mom jokes.

I laugh and we head to the car.

Walking into the courtroom my hands get a little sweaty.

"Nervous?" Lydia asks from next to me.

"A little." I tell her.

"Don't be. Soon you'll be my sister for good and you'll never have anything to worry about again." She says happily.

I turn around and see all my friends. No really all of them.

Scott, Issac, Melissa and even Rafael. Allison and her dad. Of course Stiles and his dad. The twins and Danny. Even Derek and Peter showed up. That last one really shocked me.

The judge has Lydia talk first.

"Cass would make a great addition to our family. She's loving and caring and just overall an amazing person." She tells them tears in her eyes.

Natalie is next.

"Cass is a very sweet girl. In the time she's been with us she hasn't caused me a single problem. I would do anything for her. She's always been apart of my family and this would just make it permanent." She tells the judge also shedding a few tears.

Next is me before they make the final decision.

"I've always been close to the Martin's. Since the first day I met Lydia we've been pretty much inseparable. Natalie was always like a mom to me. That was great since I never got to meet mine. When I lost my dad I thought it was over. I thought I was going to go into foster care or have to move somewhere else. That was probably the next step if they hadn't stepped and saved me. I would love nothing more than to be a permanent meme we of this family." I say smiling through my own tears.

I see the judge crack a smile.

"Well I see no issues in this arrangement. So congratulations you are officially a family." He then smacks his gravel down and we hear a scream.

A scream of joy from Lydia. Everyone behind us is cheering.

We get called up to take a picture and I turn back to everyone and wave them over. "Come on."

Isaac is the first one up. He runs up to me and spins me around happily.

We all gather around and squeeze together.

My mom stands behind me and wraps her arms around me. Lydia and Stiles stand on each of my sides.

Just as the picture is being taken they each place a kiss to my cheeks. This cause me to smile even bigger.

Later that night we are all gathered around my house.

"So you're officially Lydia's sister. She's definitely going to get tired of us being here all the time." Stiles jokes gesturing between himself and Scott.

"She already is." I laugh.

"I'm happy for you." Scott smiles pulling me into a hug.

Stiles joins our hug and we only pull way when we hear someone tapping a glass.

Lydia.

"I would like to make a toast to the most am amazing girl. If anyone were to ever be my sister I'm happy it's you. I love you. Here's to Cassidy Campbell-Martin." She holds up her glass.

"To Cassie." Everyone cheers.

That's how the night goes. No issues. Just everyone happy and with each other. We're all safe.

I just had to do it. Sorry if the whole adoption thing was wrong I have no idea how it actually goes. Yes the picture part at the end was from the movie Instant Family. If you haven't seen that go watch it, it's amazing. Anyone 3b is to come soon. Love you all so so much it hurts.