Not So Good News Pt. 2

Published on 3/07/2021

Previously on NCIS Family

We get back to the room and I wheel Ellie over to her bed and help her get in. Everybody else is sitting on the edge of their chairs, or pacing. Mainly Dad. Tim, Mom, and Abby are here now.

"Everybody? I think we should all go out to the hall to talk."

"Ok," somebody says.

-Theme Song-

Tony's POV:

"Хорошо, я скажу это по-русски, чтобы Эбби поняла." (Okay, I am going to say this in Russian so Abby can understand.) (Russian) (A.N. I'm going to do this whole conversation in Russian, so I'm not going to put the language down.)

Everybody nods. Everybody being, Mom, Dad, Tim, Ziva, and Abby.

"Хорошо ... Эм ... Врач сделал компьютерную томографию Элли. Он обнаружил повреждение мозга, но еще не знает, насколько оно велико." (Okay... Um... The doctor did a CT scan on Ellie. He found brain damage, but he doesn't know how big it is yet.)

Mom has a sheer look of horror on her face, Dad is trying to keep it together, Tim has started pacing as best as he can in his crutches, Ziva is muttering to herself in a bunch of different languages, and Abby just looks scared.

"Папа, они позвонят тебе завтра в полдень." (Dad, they are going to call you tomorrow at noon.)

"Оба ребенка могут пойти домой завтра утром, но им нужно остаться в NCIS для защиты." (Both of the kids can go home tomorrow morning, but they need to stay at NCIS for protection.)

"Okay, at least they get to go home," Tim said.

"Yeah."

"I hope she's okay," Abby said. Her first words in English.

"Good job Abby!" Ziva said.

Ziva is my best friend. She was my first friend. If she were ever to be in trouble, I would die saving her if I have to, I would do anything for her, just like Nick did for Ellie. There are no words to describe how much I love her.

I think Dad caught me staring at her because he clears his throat and says, "Um, Tony? Is there anything else?"

"Oh...Um...Sorry...No. Ziva and I are able to go back to school tomorrow if we want to though." 

"Do you want to?" Mom asks.

"I do, I'm not sure about Ziva though."

"Do you want to go Ziva?"

"Yes, I do."

Then it's settled. I guess Ziva and I are going back to school tomorrow morning. 

"I can drive us to school tomorrow so we don't have to take the bus tomorrow. Is that okay?" I ask my parents.

"I would prefer that. It would be a lot harder to hijack your car instead of the bus."

"Can you call me or Ziva tomorrow? Lunch is at 12 hundred and we are allowed to have or phones. We will also have our guns and badges, so don't worry about us."

"Yes, I will call you when we get the news," Dad says

"Thanks Dad."

-The Next Day-

We were able to go home today. Now, Ziva and I are at school. It is our break right now so we are outside in the back of the school. Ziva and I were just standing there when all of the sudden a gang of students come up to us. I don't really care about them much. Dad calls me so I put it on speaker so Ziva can hear too.

"Dad? Is she okay?"

"No...It's pretty bad. She will have to undergo brain surgery to try to bring down swelling. She could have a learning disability if she doesn't go into surgery right now. I'm driving her to the hospital right now. Drive Ziva and yourself after school."

"Okay, tell her we will be there."

"Thanks Tango Eight!" (A.N. Tony was called Tango Eight during the La Grenouille stuffs. Later he will probably be called Spider too.)

"You are so welcome Elraye." (A.N. Ellie's middle name on the show is Raye so I combined them to make Elraye.)

"And, I know you are listening too, so thanks Archangel." (A.N. Ziva is also called Archangel during the La Grenouille stuffs.)

"You are my little sister. Of course I'll be there."

"We are at the hospital now, so we have to let you go."

"Okay, bye Elraye. Bye Dad."

"I will see you later Ells. Bye Abba."

"Bye guys!" Ellie says.

"We will see you later guys," Dad says, then hangs up.

The gang of teenagers from earlier come up to us.

"So...your sister's a retard?"

After hearing that, I swung and hit him right in the face. Ziva tried pulling me off of him but she wasn't able to get me off of the main guy. His name is Zain I think.

"What's wrong with you bro?" He calls while I am punching his face over and over and over again. Ziva is finally able to pull me off him.

"Don't ever. And I mean EVER talk about my family like that."

He comes towards me and tackles me. He punches me maybe 20 times before I am able to push him off me and stand up. We both stand apart for a couple of seconds, then we both tackle each other again. We are rolling around on the ground when I see one of the other boys attack Ziva. She did the best out of all of us in the martial arts programs we did, so I'm not worried about her much. 

I pull him up by the collar of his shirt and push him up against the side of a dumpster nearby. I spot a dumpster, across the open space where people ride their skateboards sometimes after school, that has an open lid. I carry him over my shoulder, fireman style, and throw him in the dumpster. 

I run back over to Ziva and help her fight the rest of the 6 boys. After taking care of the last 3, we head to my car and drive to the hospital, without checking out of school.

Thank's for reading this far!

1014 words