Meet Scout And Tracker

Published on 6/6/2021

Previously on NCIS Family

I stretch. Morning in Afghanistan is really peaceful. At least until you hear the bombs in the distance.

"Wake up guys. The plane is here and ready to go. Here is are MREs. One for each of you. You can make them right now so you can eat on the plane. Hurry! Tim is already on the plane."

"Thanks Zac!"

"Happy birthday Ellie and Nick!"

"Thanks Zac!"

"Guys come on!" Zac yells out of the tent.

Every soldier in the camp, even the hurt ones in wheelchairs that are healed enough to move, come into the tent and start singing happy birthday to Nick and Ellie.

After all of that, we get on the plane with our breakfast and start in the direction of home.

NCIS Theme

Nick's POV:

We land at the Navy Hanger thing close to DC. Ima and Abba are outside of the plane. Ellie and I run to them as soon as the back door thing opens.

"Ima! Abba!" Ellie and I both yell at the same time.

"Hey guys! Happy birthday!" Abba says. 

"Thanks Abba!" Ellie says.

"Marines are transporting Tim to Bethesda right now."

"Why Bethesda?"

"Because Walter Reed is there."

"Oh yeah. I forgot," Ima says in a funny tone.

"You're so silly Ima," I say while laughing.

Tony and Ziva are finally off of the plane. Their birthday is on July 6 which is tomorrow. It is funny how our birthday is a day before theirs but we are 7 years apart.

"Shall we go visit Tim?" Ima asks. I interrupt her.

"They are taking him into surgery and then they are going to have to keep him in ICU for at least two weeks."

"They said, 'NO VISITOOOOORRRRSSSS'" Ellie says that in a voice like you would hear on Scooby Scooby Doo. A silly haunted-like voice.

"You are very silly Ellie."

"We have one more surprise for you guys!" Tony says.

"BUDDY!!!" Ellie and I shout.

Out comes Ranger. He looks around for a second with his ears perked up to the moon. He sees Ima and Abba and he runs like a freight train.

"Gunner!!" Abba yells as Ranger jumps up on him. 

Some of us have different nicknames for him but we pretty much always call him Ranger. Abba's is Gunner because Abba used to be a Gunnery Sargent and Ranger reminds him of a dog he had in his unit named Gunner, Tim's is Champ because of how good he is at sniffing out bombs, and Tony's is Romeo because he is a ladies dog.

"Ranger!!!" Mom yelps as Ranger starts licking his face

"Ranger. Down!" I say firmly towards Ranger. He loves and respects all of use but he pretty much only listens to me and Tim.

Ranger jumps off of Ima and patiently sits on the ground. He had to go through extensive training to become a military combat K-9 and I was there for every session that I could be at.

I grab Tracker from Ima and Ellie grabs Scout from Abba. Tracker and Scout are the Service Dogs we got after we got kidnapped. Abba hands me my awesome prosthetic and Ima hands Ellie her hearing aids and glasses.

 Abba hands me my awesome prosthetic and Ima hands Ellie her hearing aids and glasses

(A.N This is Tracker.)

(A.N This is Scout)

Tracker and Scout are still going through training because they are still puppies but they will be fully trained by this time next year.

Ellie's POV:

When we get home, Nick opens the front door and we both almost fall to the ground from a heart attack.

I thought that I should release another chapter today to make up for the 2 month wait so it is pretty short.

661 words