Back In The Field?????

Published on 3/16/2021

-Previously on NCIS Family-

I walk back to the room and when I get there, I stand facing a painting so Ellie can't see my mouth moving.

"Hey, Bishop, can you hear me?"

I get a response from Dad.

"She said that she can hear voice vibrations, but she has no clue who was talking or what was said."

"Okay. Dad?"

"Yeah son?"

"Ellie has hearing loss. The doctors don't know if it is permanent, but just in case, they are getting her some specially customized hearing aids right now."

"Thank you for telling me Spider."

-Theme Song-

Two Weeks Later

Nick's POV:     (Sign language is in italics)

Ellie has gotten hearing aids and glasses so now she can hear us and see us better. Her eyesight in her left eye isn't getting any worse, or better.

 Her eyesight in her left eye isn't getting any worse, or better

A.N. This is what both of Ellie's hearing aids look like

I'm pretty much better. My stitches are out, all I have now are bandages, and a mechanical leg. Yeah, a lot has happened in the last 2 weeks. There were some medical complications after my surgery and I ended up bleeding so much that I had to get my right leg amputated, but its okay though, because it looks pretty awesome.

 There were some medical complications after my surgery and I ended up bleeding so much that I had to get my right leg amputated, but its okay though, because it looks pretty awesome

A.N. This is what Nick's Prosthetic Leg looks like.

Today we go back to school and work. Because of the threat, we are only allowed to go until after lunch. Recess is before lunch, so at least we get that too. After work, we are going to go to work.

We get to school and I roll my pant leg over my prosthetic and my sleeves over my arms. Ellie and I don't want anyone at school to know until they have to. We will go into our classroom before anyone else in our class, talk to our teacher and show her our wounds.

"Mrs. Mann?" I ask.

"Oh, Nick! Ellie! Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we are... I think," Ellie signs.

"What did she say?"

"She said, 'Yeah, we are... I think...' That's all she said."

"Okay, I think I should learn ASL."

"Probably. We have some things to show you." We show her our Fighter/سلام scars, my leg, Ellie's hearing aids, my grease burns, my bullet wounds, all of our knife wounds, and everything else.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Have you never seen wounds like this before?"

"Have you never seen wounds like this before?" I translate.

"Nope."

-Later that day, after lunch and recess-

Tony's POV:

Ziva and I leave work to go pick up Ellie and Nick. We have a car with agents in it in front of us and a car with agents behind us.

"I do not see why we must have all of these extra cars. The four of us are probably more highly trained than the 10 of them combined."

"I know Zi, but Mom said we have to. She probably instructed half of them to come in with us too."

We get to the school and hop out of the car. The agents get out of their cars and start following us inside.

"No... You guys stay here. We'll be fine. It's not like there's a bomb in the office," I say.

We walk into the area before the lobby. I see that the art room is on one side, and the office is on the other side.

We get buzzed in and the next thing I know, I am being thrown against the brick wall, actually, the window that shows the office. The glass shatters and I go through the empty space and land on a desk. All I see before I blackout is a lot of debris.

Hey guys! I know that this is half of the size as my other parts, but I felt like this is a good place to end.

Thanks for reading!!

682 words