This doesn't feel right... Something bad's going to happen...

Published on 3/27/2021

-Previously on NCIS Family-

We walk into the area before the lobby. I see that the art room is on one side, and the office is on the other side.

We get buzzed in and the next thing I know, I am being thrown against the brick wall, actually, the window that shows the office. The glass shatters and I go through the empty space and land on a desk. All I see before I blackout is a lot of debris.

-Theme Song-

Tony's POV:

I wake up to a lot of paramedics, firemen, and agents around me.

"Ziva?" I call out blindly.

"I am fine Tony." I don't know where the response is coming from.

"I'm glad my Little Ninja is okay. What about the hot girl that I landed on? Is she okay?"

"Miss Dennis... is fine. She has a couple of cuts. We need to get you to the ambulance to be checked out."

"I told you I was fine, Little Ninja

"I told you I was fine, Little Ninja."

Ziva's POV:

Tony is fine. He just had some cuts and 2 sprained wrists. He had to get 2 slits put on.

"Will he be able to write notes with those slits on?"

"Splint Ziva... not slit."

"Sorry. Will he be able to write notes with those SPLINTS on?"

"No. Do you have a tablet or something?" the EMT asks.

"I have an iPad," Tony replies.

"Okay, I am writing a note to your school saying that you need to take notes using your iPad."

"Thanks."

Gibbs' POV:

We get back to Headquarters and I get a call on my office phone. It's Jenny.

"Hey, Jen! What's up?" I answer, picking up the phone.

"Jethro, can you please come up here?"

"Yeah, I'll be right there." I hang up, per usual.

I get to her office and I see a familiar face.

"Hello, Leon."

"Gibbs." He hands me a couple of dollars and some change.

"Two dollars and forty-two cents," I say.

"It's for the Cheese Danish."

"That was eight years ago."

"Nine."

"Boys," Jenny says.

"Jen? Why'd ya need me?"

"Because of recent events, I have decided that it is best for me not to work at NCIS anymore."

"Jen?!?"

"Director?" Vance says.

"You love NCIS."

"I do, but I need to be there for our children... and you, Gibbs. Which is why Leon, you are NCIS Director. Effective Immediately."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Jen. You can't do this."

"I already have. SECNAV agreed with me, and he is the one who appointed Director Vance."

I walk out of the office and head down to my desk. I sit down and start to think, hovering my finger over the shift key of my computer.

Why would Jen just give up her position like this? She spent years trying to get that position, then 7 years later, she gives it up. It just doesn't make sense.  Why? Just. Why.

-2 Weeks Later-

Tony's POV:

I just got my splints off and my wrists are really weak. Ziva, Ellie, Nick, Dad, and I were just called up to Director Vance's office. On our way up the stairs, I can't help but think that something bad is about to happen.

Ziva's POV:

I can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen in the Director's office. Tony and I look at each other at the same time. I think we are both thinking the same thing.

"Everything will be fine," he whispers into my ear. When he pulls away, I can see the doubt in his eyes.  

Nick's POV:

This isn't going to be good. I look at Ellie and I worry about her. She looks at me with a blank stare. I know that she's worried. We are all trained in showing no emotion. Even Abby knows how to show no emotion, though she's not very good at it.

Ellie's POV:

Everything will be fine. Everything will be okay. I'm fine. It'll be okay. I keep telling myself these types of things but I just don't believe myself. I feel like Vance is going to send Dad or Tony and Ziva on assignment. Undercover or something.

The Sky's POV:

The five Gibbs' walked into Director Leon Vance's office and stood sort of in attention in front of the big desk.

"Please, take a seat." The Director points to the table in front of the desk.

"There has been an incident in Afghanistan."

"Is Tim okay!?!?!?" Ellie burst out.

"I will get to that."

"Leon?!?!" Nick asks

"I said that I will get to it," Vance says in a stern tone.

"This is hard so I'll get right to the point. Tim's team has been being kidnapped and killed one by one."

"Tim?" Gibbs asks.

"He's fine as of now, but we need to send the kids undercover to stop this mess. Since you guys are Jewish and you have a darker skin tone so we figured that you guys will fit in perfectly."

"Who's we?" Ziva asks.

"Me and... The Secretary of the Navy."

"SEC-NAV said we have to go?" Ellie inquires.

"I'm afraid so."

"Leon, Ellie and Nick are still in therapies of all types. They aren't fit to go on this mission."

"I am afraid that they are the most crucial part. We need to make them look rougher to fit the profile."

"What do you mean that they are the most crucial part, Leon?!?" Gibbs is yelling at Vance as if he were interrogating him.

"We can get the terrorists to trust your children better than an adult or two. The younger the better. Your children also have extensive training. They will be fine Gibbs."

"How would you 'roughen' them up?" Gibbs questions.

"We would have to get Nick a new prosthetic. One that doesn't look so awesome." That made Nick smile and giggle.

"And with Ellie, she would have to lose the hearing aids and glasses."

"Leon!" Gibbs exclaims.

"It will be okay Abba. I can do it," Ellie signs. 

"If Ellie can do it, then so can I," Nick yells immediately.

"So can we," Tony and Ziva say at the same time.

"Then it's settled. You will be briefed tomorrow and your plane leaves the day after."

Sorry it's been so long.

1066 words