5.

November 26th, 2020

Ben

Our boy is officially 9 months old today. Time is really flying. He's crawling around and blabbering in his baby language. Some of them sound like real words, others are just gibberish. I'm convinced he's only a day away from saying dada, but Ally is convinced he'll say mama first. So we kinda have this bet going on to see which one he'll say first.

He's sitting and pulling himself up on his own, being the curious kid he is and getting into things, and he's loving his Lion pacifier. He has a stuffed Lion that he sleeps with at night as well. I think he has a thing for Lions. We also noticed that he's got some teeth coming in, two at the bottom so far, which is awesome and terrifying at the same time.

He'll chew on his fingers from time to time and we often have to pry his hand from his mouth. Then he'll cry or start to get fussy because we interfered with his chewing. So we invested in some teething toys for him and he just won't stop chewing.

Ally also has him eating solid foods now. She still breast feeds him, but not as much as she was before.

More for me!

He sits in a high chair like the boss, babbling in baby talk. And every single day, he looks more and more like me.

"There's no way he should look this much like you." Ally exclaimed, shaking her head. "We weren't even together for me to be stressed over you."

"I have that kind of aura that's just unforgettable." I smirk.

She tugs at my beard as I grin, slapping her butt when she walks away from me. Right now I was feeding Liam at the counter while she was cooking the Thanksgiving dinner. Our parents flew in last night and will be here at around 5PM. It's 12PM as we speak.

"Cooking was never my strongest quality." Ally said.

"Neither was momming, but you made it work." I encourage.

She squints her eyes at me as I chuckle.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you more." She replies.

I smile. Liam beats his hands on the high chair table, regaining my attention. He can be a little demanding sometimes.

"Here it comes." I say, feeding him a small spoonful of food. This is just lunch.

When he's done eating, Ally places a sippy cup of water in front of him. He grabs it and attempts to drink some water. I grin and stand up, walking over to where Ally is making the macaroni and cheese.

"It's looking good." I kiss her temple.

"Would be even better if you could help without burning it, but I got it covered." She said.

"Mhm." I purse my lips, standing behind her now. I wrap my arms around her from behind and place my chin on her shoulder. I leave kisses on her neck and face.

She tries to move me away but I tighten my grip.

"Let me love you." I groan.

She laughs, stirring the macaroni and cheese. I leave her alone after a while, knowing she was probably gone punch me if I didn't.

"That ass is mine later."

She shakes her head at me, grinning from ear to ear.

That's my baby.

* * *

At exactly 4:55, Ally was walking down the stairs in a nude sweater dress, black jeans and black Doc Martens. Her hair was up in a curly bun with the edges laid. I was rocking a black long sleeve turtleneck with gray jeans and black low top sneakers. I had my gold chain around my neck with my pinky ring on. Liam was in a onesie and jeans with sneakers.