31.

June 29th, 2021

Ally

So Jasmine decided to keep the baby because she likes the idea of being pregnant. However, she does plan to give them up for adoption upon birth. Ben and I haven't told her about the idea of us taking the baby because we wanted her to be sure with her decisions first.

"It's so small." Jasmine exclaimed, looking at her bump in the mirror.

"Yeah, that's usually how it starts out." I say. "Then it'll end up looking like mine."

She smiles. Then it slips and that makes me frown.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I just really thought I'd be doing them a favor, you know?" She looks at me.

I nod. "Yeah, I get it."

"I guess he just...didn't like the idea that he'd have a kid that wasn't his and his wife's." She said. "I looked further into the possibility of the baby looking like me, and I just...I don't know."

"Can I tell you something?" I say.

"What?"

"Your boss is an asshole." I blink.

She chuckles. "Ex-boss."

"He's still an asshole."

"Yeah."

I inhale. "Have you looked into any adoption agencies in the Philly area?"

"No not yet." She said.

I nod. "When are you gonna get started on that?"

"I don't know. Soon, maybe." She answered.

"Well, like I said before, it's entirely your decision." I grin.

She purses her lips and nods. Then she inhales a deep breath.

"You know...I really wanted no part of him at first." She said. "He was kind, sweet, and he listened. Unlike other bosses who just gave you work and told you to go on about your day. He actually took time out to understand his employees."

I nod as she tells me the story in full.

"What I didn't know is that he had a crush on me. I assumed that every time he invited me to his office, it was to talk about the future projects that were coming up and what the plans would be." She explained. "It wasn't until the third time he called me to his office that I picked up his motive. I obviously wanted him too, but I wasn't going to make the first move. Not in a million years."

"He took this as an opportunity to use his position as the higher power. But because I was so willing, he didn't threaten me or force me in anyway. Like I said, I was attracted to him as well. Not just because of his looks, but because of his personality. He wasn't a dick like most bosses are."

She wipes her eyes. "We didn't start hooking up until he invited me out to L.A. for this conference. He put me up in a five star hotel, brought me dinners, drinks, all that good stuff. It's told that the guy is supposed to like the girl a lot for things to work out, and it turns out that was true."

"He was all over me A. It's insane. He wanted to be around me all the time, always asked me for my opinion on things, the whole thing. And in that particular moment, it reminded me of how things went with you and Ben. It didn't hit me until I found out about his marriage, that all of this was just a waste of time."

"He could never love me. And now I know he could never love this baby. So what do I do? I plan to get rid of it. But I like the idea of a human growing inside of me. I just know I'm not capable of taking care of them."