4.

Two months later...
November 10th, 2020

Ally

"Okay wait, so you mean to tell me that Alex really tried to propose to you?" I laugh.

"Yes! Girl, I was petrified!" Jasmine responded.

We giggled at his stupidity. It's safe to say we were a little wine drunk, but who wouldn't be at this particular moment. There's no special occasion or anything, we just prefer to talk over a few glasses of wine.

"What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year?" She asked me.

I exhale a breath. "Our parents are flying out here and I kinda get the feel that I have to play housewife."

"Have you met his parents yet?" She asks.

I shake my head no and her eyes widen.

"How long have you two been together and you haven't met his parents?"

"What's today?" I ask.

"November 10th." She says.

"We make 8 months on the 21st." I answer.

"So you've been together almost eight months and you haven't met his parents?" She thinks out loud. "Do they know about Liam?"

"I don't think so. And if they do, he would've told me." I reply.

"Would he have though?" She asked.

"I wouldn't be pressed if he didn't." I shrug.

"So he could tell his parents about Liam, but not about you?" She said.

I sigh. Jasmine is a very critical thinker, so asking me questions like this is kind of her thing. She wants to find the root of every situation and dissect it. It's what she went to college for.

"I'm sure he has his reasons." I mumble.

"Mhm."

I don't answer in time as the front door is opening and someone comes walking in. I was convinced it was an intruder until I saw Ben walk in.

"Good evening ladies." He greets Jasmine and I.

"Good evening Simmons." Jasmine replied.

"Hey babe." I say.

He comes into the living room, leaving his suitcase by the door. He daps Jasmine up, then pulls his mask down to kiss my forehead.

"I got you something." He said, taking something from behind his back. Then he places a Victoria's Secret bag into my lap. "Happy late Birthday baby girl."

"Aww, thank you." I exclaim.

I place my wine glass onto the coffee table and start to open the bag.

"Where's Liam?" He asked.

"In his room sleeping." I answer, taking the item out of the bag.

He had disappeared before I could see what he got me. It was a nice black lingerie onesie. Deep cut in the front, with a similar cut in the back. I look up at Jasmine, who just wiggles her brows at me. I chuckle to hide my blush, putting it back into the bag.

"That's my cue." Jasmine said, sitting up off the couch.

I place the bag onto the table as well, standing up to walk her out. She bids her goodbyes then goes to get into her car. I wave at her as she backs out of the driveway, then I turn around and close the door behind me. I go to clean up our glasses, then grab the bag off the counter and head upstairs.