14.

February 14th, 2021

Ally

Today is Valentine's Day. On this day last year, I gave you a whole rant about why I think it's irrelevant to have a holiday where you show your love and appreciation to your significant other, or family members, for one day out of the entire year. I really don't feel any different about my opinion, even with me being engaged. Ben and I tell each other we love one another everyday. We stay up late and talk about everything. We support one another. So why limit all of that to just one day?

It's 12PM right now and I'm still in bed. I don't feel like moving honestly. But I have to get up so I can feed Liam some lunch. I didn't get to feed him breakfast because he slept all through the morning, and it's told that you should sleep when your baby sleeps. So I got three extra hours of sleep.

I exhale and get out of bed. I feel bloated, but it's just the size of my stomach. It's not too big yet, but it has some width on it.

I put on my slippers and my robe, then go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and freshen up. After I do that, I go into Liam's room. He's standing up in his crib with his mouth pressed to the side.

"Hi baby." I greet him.

He coos at me, holding his arms up for me to take him out. I pick him up, kissing his cheek.

"How did you sleep buddy?" I ask him.

He lays his head on my shoulder as I pat his back. I carry him downstairs into the kitchen, gasping when I see the display of roses and chocolates on the counter. I sit Liam in his high chair, looking at the counter in shock.

"Oh my god." I mumble, walking over to it.

Red and Pink roses. A soft white teddy bear. Boxes of chocolates. Bags from expensive stores. There was a card lined up as well.

I decide to feed Liam first, before looking through the Valentine's stuff. I pick up the card, reading the note Ben left inside.

Hey baby girl,

Happy Valentine's Day. I'm sick that I can't be with you and Liam today, so I called in some favors to have this set up for you. I know how you feel about this day, but I wanted you to have a taste of what it's like to be loved and appreciated by someone on a romantic level. You said you like roses, so I got you four dozen; two pink, two red. You also love caramel filled chocolate, so I got you two boxes of those. The teddy bear is for you and Liam to fight over, but I'm sure you'll make it work. And the bags...well you'll just have to look inside to find out. As for the heart in the box on the counter, you'll see for yourself what that's about. I owe you a lot, and I'll do everything in my power to make sure you get it. I love you Smiley.

- Ben

I didn't realize I was crying until I wiped away some tears. I sniffle and place the card down, admiring the roses. They're so pretty and I love them so much. I take a picture of the set up and send it to Ben.

Mi Amor ❤️🥵

Attachment: 1 image
i may or may not have cried a little lol
but you are literally the sweetest 🥺
thank you so much baby
i love you

I place my phone down on the counter, looking into the things he got me. I'm so ready to dive into those chocolates, but in all honesty I really don't know what to open first. Everything is so neat and I don't want to mess it up.

"Mama!" Liam exclaims.

I turn to face him. "Hi papa."

"Mama." He holds his arms out to me.