35.

August 18th, 2021

Ally

I started having some contractions around 10PM last night. I didn't think much of it until it started becoming more frequent. So Ben drove me to the hospital.

Now it's currently 2AM and there's no sign of the baby making their move yet. I don't want to get ahead of myself though.

"How are you doing?" Ben asks.

"I think I'm okay." I answer. "I haven't felt anything."

He nods, holding my hand to his mouth. Liam is with Tobias at the moment because we didn't want him to be in distress while I'm giving birth. He might not like what he hears. We did arrange for him to come afterwards however.

Listening to the heartbeat on the monitor has been slightly comforting, because that means my baby is alive and well. Vaginal birth isn't easy, but it's natural. I just don't think I can lay in this bed anymore.

The nurse came in a few minutes later and recommended that I walk around. I told her that I had felt a little bit of cramping, so that's what she recommended.

Here I am now walking down the hallway with the IV pole in my right hand, and Ben's hand laced with my other. He's really good company to have around when you're about to give birth.

"I think I feel a little bit of pressure." I say, wincing right after I say that.

"Do you feel movement?" He asked.

"No." I breathe. "Just discomfort."

"That's the baby moving mamas." He said.

"Oh." I exclaim.

I don't know, I didn't have Liam vaginally.

"Let's go back to the room." He said.

I nod, turning back in the direction of the room. When we get back into the room, I sit on the edge of the bed. I take a few deep breaths, letting the contractions pass by. Ben rubs my back, leaving kisses on the top of my head.

"Oh this sucks so bad." I groan, my forehead pressed to his chest.

"I know baby." He rubs my back some more.

He moves his hands up to massage my shoulders gently. It's like he can read my mind, because I definitely have been feeling a little tense up around the shoulder area.

I close my eyes and allow his hands to work their magic along my shoulders and neck area. I relax into his touch, and it seems that the baby does as well.

"The baby must sense you touching me." I say.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't feel any pressure." I giggle.

He chuckles at that, kissing my forehead. After a couple of minutes, he stops.

Another two hours would bypass before I start to feel that discomfort again. At this point, I'm standing up and moving around. Ben has me wrapped up in his arms, rocking me side to side gently. Like we're dancing.

My hands have some of his hoodie balled into them tightly.

"It hurts." I whimper.

"It's okay." He mumbles, kissing my head.

I sniffle, my face buried in his hoodie. He rubs my back soothingly, leaving a few taps on my ass as well.

"They'll be here sooner than you think." He reassures me.