27.

April 29th, 2021

Ally

Ben and I are sitting on the couch watching Roll Bounce. He's giving me a foot massage because my feet have been swollen lately. My head is pressed to the arm of the couch and my face is turned to the TV. Ben is sitting against the back of the couch, with his legs open, and my feet on his lap. Liam is in his playpen, making noise with his toys.

Ben looks at me. "You know you really don't have to come to the game tomorrow if you're not feeling too great."

"I wanna go." I say.

"I know you do. But I want you to be 100%, not 98." He smirks.

I playfully roll my eyes at him. "Shut up Ben."

He chuckles, continuing to massage my feet.

"I'm sure I'll be feeling much better by tomorrow anyway." I convince.

"You said that yesterday, and what happened?" He asked.

I grit my teeth. I had promised Ben that I'd go to his game yesterday. But right before I could leave the house to do so, I had this wavering feeling of nausea. So I had to call Ben and let him know that I wouldn't make it.

I spent the entire night curled up in bed with a garbage pail beside me, in case I had to release any contents of vomit again.

"It comes randomly, okay?" I frown. "I'm sorry I missed it."

He shakes his head. "Don't be sorry for something you can't control."

"You weren't mad, were you?" I ask.

He shakes his head again. "How could I be?"

"I mean, you were really looking forward to me being at last nights game, but I had to cancel last minute." I say.

"Health comes first. Always." He said.

"Don't try to be all noble on me now." I grin.

He smiles at me. "If you're good, I'm good."

He's such a cutie pie...when he wants to be.

"Oscar is making you some food to last you about a week. It has lots of protein, as suggested by your doctor, and everything else you need." He said, looking back at the TV.

"Aww, you do listen." I run my hand along the back of his hair.

"Yeah yeah. It's either that or I get chewed out for not listening." He said.

"At least you know." I squeeze the back of his neck gently.

"Mhm." He says, running his hands along my legs now.

He leans toward me, sneaking a kiss in.

"I love you." He searches my eyes.

"I know." I smirk.

"Say it back." He gently slaps my thigh.

"I love you too." I giggle.

"That's what I thought." He said, kissing me again.

I groan against his lips, holding his face in my hands. His kisses are my weakness, for certain.

"This is still so not fair." He exclaims, looking down at my stomach.

I thank the heavens that I'm pregnant right now, because lord knows what Ben would've did to me in these past two minutes alone. But it also frustrates me because it's been a while.