6.

Ally

I glance at myself in the mirror briefly, before brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth out with mouthwash. Then I leave the bathroom and change into a gray sweatshirt. I let my hair out of its bun and walk over to the body length mirror to make sure I look presentable.

As I'm headed downstairs, I hear laughter from one side of the house and whistles being blown from the other side. I'm assuming they're watching the football games that are on TV today.

I make my presence known in the kitchen when the ladies look my way.

"You guys cleaned up?" I ask, in complete shock.

"Of course." Julie smiled.

"You thought we were gonna just let you clean up while you're sick?" My mom furrows her brows.

I laugh nervously. "Sorry about that."

"Sometimes a stomach bug can catch you at the wrong time." Julie said.

"Mhm." My mom agrees.

Olivia nodded as well.

"Well I thank you guys for cleaning up. It means a lot." I thank them.

They wave me off.

"We're the guest, sometimes we have to show our appreciation to the host." My mom says.

I nod at that. I really couldn't be anymore grateful for their help.

"Where's Ben?" I ask.

"Out in the living room with the guys." Julie responds.

"He's quite shaken up by what he just saw." Olivia said.

I frown. "Really?"

They all nod.

"I did kind of force him away." I purse my lips.

"Listen, I wouldn't want anybody looking up in my face while I was vomiting either." Olivia exclaimed. "So I completely understand your need for space in that moment."

I laugh at that because she is right. I didn't want him to see me like that, but knowing that he's scared makes me sad.

"Ben!" Julie calls for him.

I fiddle with my thumbs as I purse my lips, looking down at the floor. I hear his footsteps approaching the kitchen.

"Yeah?" He asks.

I turn to see him holding Liam in his arms. Liam reaches for me and I gladly accept him from Ben. I kiss his cheek as he whimpers, laying his head on my shoulder.

"What happened?" Ben looked at his mom.

She shrugs and I grin. I wrap my arm around his waist, looking up at him.

"You okay?" I ask, rubbing his back.

"Are you okay, is the real question." He exclaimed, scratching his temple with his thumb.

I nod. "Yeah, I'm good."

"You sure? Cuz you didn't sound too good." He said, sitting down at the kitchen island.

"It's just a little stomach bug. I've gone through this plenty of times." I shrug.

"Is there anything you can take for that?" He asks.

"There might be."

Liam reaches out for Ben, wrapping his little fingers around his beard. Ben winces as he pulls.

"Ow." Ben said.

Liam notices that it hurts him and frowns. Ben chuckles and leans in to kiss his cheek.