47.

December 31st, 2021

Ben

"What's the plan for tonight?" Ally asks.

"What you mean what's the plan for tonight?" I chuckle.

"I mean just that." She persists. "What's the plan?"

I lock my phone and get lost in thought for a second.

"I don't even know why you asked that." I say.

"What do you mean?" She asks me.

"You already know Joel has a party planned." I exclaim, chuckling at her forgetfulness.

"He didn't tell me he was throwing a New Year's Eve party." She pouts.

"Well, now you know." I grin. "Besides, he's dying to see his godson again."

She chuckles at that.

We got Ryder and Karlie christened a couple days ago. Joel and Anne are Ryder's godmother and godfather. Danny is his godfather as well. Dwight is Liam's other godfather, we forgot to mention that earlier. Jasmine and Matisse are Karlie's godmother and godfather. Callie and Seth said they want to hold out until we have our girl, so we're reserving that spot for them.

"What do you think Matisse's motive was behind wanting to be Karlie's godfather?" Ally asked me.

"You know he has been crushing on Jasmine for a while now. After news broke that she was moving to Seattle for the new job, he asked me if he could be her baby's godfather." I explain.

"Aww, that's sweet." Ally replies, smiling.

I nod.

"When did he ask?" She asked.

"The day after you guys brought Karlie home." I say. "I went into the arena that day and let the team know that Jasmine had the baby. Then I told Tobias, Joel, and Matisse that she was moving to Seattle. He asked right then and there, and I said yes."

She nods to this, then smiles again.

"I think he'll make a great godfather." She said.

"Me too." I say. "He really likes Jasmine. So I think him being Karlie's godfather only shows how much he cares for her."

"He's a complete sweetheart." She coos over him. "I don't know how I ended up with you instead of him."

I side eye her and she laughs.

"I'm just kidding." She smirks.

"You're very funny." I state in sarcasm.

"Awww, my baby's feelings are hurt." She mocks me.

"Get away from me." I push her feet off my lap.

She giggles, curling up in her spot on the couch.

"Where is this party located?" She asked.

"Downtown. A nice rooftop location that overlooks the city of Philadelphia." I exclaim. "I think you'll like it."

She nods to that.

"Now what about our kids?" She asks me.

"That is your level of expertise, not mine." I joke.

She chuckles at that. "At least you were honest."

"You're damn right." I say.

She smiles, shifting around a bit. Then she lays her head on my lap, smiling up at me.