32.

July 13th, 2021

Ben

"Alright, Ben you stand right there, and Ally you sit in front of him." The photographer says.

Liam is sitting in Ally's lap with his head on her chest and his legs on each side of her. She's sitting on a brown stool with one foot propped up against the leg stand. Her left hand is cradling Liam's head to her chest, and her right hand is cupped under his bottom.

I'm standing behind them with my hands on the sides of her belly. I kiss the back of her head while she smiles.

"Oh, that's a beautiful one!"

We're all wearing our matching sneakers, and black jeans. Well she's wearing black leggings because she said they're more comfy for her to wear right now.

We spend the next two hours watching her get pictures taken in different poses and different outfits. I smile because she's just so beautiful, and I got really lucky.

"Mama!" Liam claps.

I grin when she laughs at his little outburst. He does it often these days. But it's expected when you have a 16 month old that's starting to talk more. And he has quite a bit to say.

I'd be concerned if he wasn't talking.

The photographers leave soon. Liam runs over to the couch, trying to crawl onto it. I want to stop him, but it's literally in his nature to do this. I would worry if he wasn't trying to do this.

I sit down in front of the couch, keeping an eye on him. Ally had went upstairs to shower because, in her defense, its been a long day. I can't necessarily blame her because she is 35 weeks pregnant. She's in pain of some sort because it's getting closer to her due date. However, her concern for Jasmine's pregnancy has sort of skyrocketed. She's 17 weeks along.

"Dada."

I turn to look at Liam. "What's up buddy?"

He holds his dinosaur out to me. I take it from him, making it give him a kiss on the cheek. He giggles, shying away from it.

I stand up and sit next to him on the couch. He leans against the side of my torso, moving his dinosaurs around on my lap and making the noises for them. I watch him with a smile on my face.

"Can you do daddy a favor?" I ask.

He looks up at me and blinks.

"Stop growing up on us." I poke his stomach.

He giggles, moving my hand away. The smile never leaves my face as he does.

We got him christened last week and he was quiet the entire time. Didn't hear a peep out of him. But it's probably because he was half asleep. He sat with Tobias, his Godfather, for the rest of the service. It went by pretty fast.

"You hungry bub?" I ask him.

He nods.

"Alright. Come on." I say, standing up off the couch.

I watch him get down as well. He leads the way into the kitchen. I pick him up and sit him on the island counter while he chews on his finger.

"Babe?!" Ally calls for me.

"Yes baby?!" I call back.

"Can you come here for a second?!"

Liam grunts and I chuckle. I take him off the counter and carry him upstairs with me.

"What's the matter?" I ask once I enter our room.

"Can you pick this up for me?" She asks.

She dropped her brush on the floor. That's been happening a lot lately; her dropping things but not being able to pick it up.