Chapter Twenty Four- Dinner

I sprawled around in bed, trying my best to wake up. The morning sunlight shined in through my windows.

I sat up and yawned, looking around my room. I swung my feet over the edge of my bed, slowly standing up.

I grabbed at my head, suddenly getting a headache. Must have been from the bourbon.

I got up and headed downstairs to the living room. As I made my way into the room, I rubbed my forehead, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Hangover?" Damon questioned.

I sighed. "Morning to you too, Damon," I laughed. "Ouch, that hurt."

Damon laughed and held out a bottle of bourbon. "Really, Damon? No thank you."

He rolled his eyes and laughed. "Alaric text your phone."

I looked at him with a raised brow. "You have my phone?"

He shook his head. "No. I found it on the ground last night, so I set it on the table."

I nodded and walked over to the table, grabbing my phone. I checked my messages, seeing Alaric did text.

Alaric
Alaric- I told Jo you wanted to meet her. She agreed to meet at my apartment at 4. Are you good with that?

Me- Yes. I'll be there :)

I put my phone in my pocket and turned to Damon.

"I need a ride to Alaric's apartment. I have a dinner party at 4."

Damon nodded. I walked back upstairs, prepared to get dressed in my best. I grabbed a nice dress. It was lavender and ended just above the knees. I paired it with pearl heels and a pearl necklace.

I made my way into the bathroom. I plugged up the curling iron as I did my natural look of makeup.

Once the curler was ready, I began to curl my blonde hair. Everyone found it weird how different me and Bonnie looked. But it was due to having different dads.

I looked myself in the mirror, pleased with how I looked. It wasn't normal for me to wear makeup, or wear dresses, or even do my hair nice.

I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs, back into the living room. When I did, Damon spit out the bourbon in his mouth.

"Wow, I never thought I'd see Little Bennett all dressed up," he said laughing.

Stefan laughed with him. "You look good, Kylie."

I smiled. "Thank you, Stefan. Damon, let's go."

Damon rolled his eyes and stood up. "Coming, master."

I shook my head and smiled, as we walked out to the car. I got in and looked down at my phone.

My fingers ended up taking me to my contacts. I scrolled through them, and stopped on Klaus's number. For some reason, I was tempted to delete it. Leave all the memories behind. But I couldn't.

I clicked my phone off and turned to Damon with a smile. "So, you finally got the girl," I said.

He smirked. "I finally got her. Elena wasn't too happy at first, but she is with Matty Blue Eyes now."

"Michelle is good for you."

Damon nodded. "Yeah, she is. And so are you."

I smiled at him. "Awe, Damon, don't play with my heart strings," I said, giggling.

"I'm lucky to have you as a best friend."

I looked at him, smiling from ear to ear. I never expected any of this to happen. But I was sure happy Damon was in it.

We pulled up to Alaric's apartment. I pulled up Alaric's messages, finding out how to make my way to his place.

"Take care, Damon. I'll text you to pick me up later."

Damon nodded. "Ok, see you later, Little Bennett."

I shut my door and walked into the building, making my way up to the apartment. I was a bit nervous to meet this Josette girl. I didn't realize what I was doing when I was talking to Alaric at the bar.

I came up to his place and knocked on the door. I took a deep breath and waited. Soon enough, I heard the door click.

"Kylie, come in," Alaric greeted.

He moved out of my way, and let me in.      I walked in and looked around. It was quite small, but homey.

"Jo's in the kitchen," Alaric said from behind me.

I nodded and entered the small kitchen. Josette stood there, making chicken. I smiled at the sight.

"You must be Josette," I said.

She turned to me with a smile. "Kylie. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"I've heard a lot about you."

"Ah, from last night at the grill."

I laughed and nodded. "Yes. I've had a bumpy few years."

"Alaric told me about that. I'm so sorry."

I smiled and shook my head. "It's fine. It's in the past. I can only move on."

I looked over at all the food and smiled. "It all looks so delicious," I said.

She laughed. "I tried hard. It was either this, or Alaric cook."

Oh, I've seen his lunch. I prefer this," I said laughing.

"Hey, let's not make fun of my cooking," Alaric said, entering the kitchen.

Both of us turned to him and laughed. He shook his head.

"I'm glad you wanted to meet me," Josette said.

"Well, it's a pleasure, Josette."

"Please, call me Jo."

I nodded. The stove began to beep, so I grabbed a pair of mits and took out the phone.

"Aw, cake," I said, taking in a big whiff of the chocolate cake.

Jo and Alaric laughed at my reaction. I set the cake down and took off the oven mits.

"I think it's time to eat," Jo said.

I smiled and began to help set the food on the table. Once we finished, we all sat down and began to eat.

As we ate, all I could think about was the happiness in the room. Hopefully the happiness would stay.