Chapter Thirty Four- Back Home

"Finished," Kai announced.

I smiled as he held the ascendant in his hand. It only took two days, but it was all fixed and ready to be used.

"Ready to go home?" He asked.

I smiled. "Yes I am."

To be honest, I wasn't all ready. Part of me wanted to stay here with Kai, but I knew I couldn't.

He stood up and I followed. He opened the window curtain and smiled.

"We have like an hour before the eclipse. I saw we head out now."

I nodded. "Yeah. Sounds like a plan."

He grabbed his backpack from the table and tucked the ascendant into it. He put the bag on his shoulder and headed outside.

We walked side by side, our hands kept grazing. The touch sent a shock threw my body.

He sighed. "I can't do this anymore."

I turned to him confused. He laughed and grabbed ahold of my hand.

"They wouldn't stop touching, and I just wanted to hold your hand."

I laughed and squeezed his hand. We continued walking, but this time it was hand in hand.

We made our way to the woods like last time. The eclipse was about to start. We climbed down into the hole.

I grabbed the spell out of Kai's bag, along with the ascendant. I set the spell down and looked at Kai.

He smiled at me. He walked over to me. "Before we leave, I just want you to know that when we get to the real world I don't want any of this to change. I want to stay with you. I want you to help me make amends."

I smiled and place my hand on his cheek. "Of course. I don't want anything to change. I love you, Kai Parker."

He smiled and kissed my lips softly. "I love you too, Kylie Bennett."

He pulled away and grabbed ahold of my hand. "Let's get out of this place."

I smiled and closed my eyes. I began chanting and waited til felt the light disappear.

When it did, I opened my eyes. I looked at Kai.

"Do you hear that?" He asked.

It was the sound of birds. I smiled and laughed. "Yeah I hear it."

"You did it, Kylie," he said.

He ran over to me and placed his lips on mine. I pulled away and smiled.

"Couldn't have done it without you," I said.

He smiled and kissed my lips one last time. I looked at him.

"Meet me at the Mystic Grill in two hours," I said.

Kai nodded. "I'll see you there." He kissed my cheek before exiting the tunnel.

I smiled and exited the tunnel myself. When I made it out, I looked around. I made my way out of the woods and into town.

I entered the grill and looked around. I didn't see Matt anywhere.

"Kylie?" A voice asked.

I turned seeing the familiar Jeremy Gilbert.

"You're back?" He asked.

I smiled. "I'm back."

He walked to me and wrapped me in a hug. "We all missed you. There is a spell on the town right now. Vampires and wolves can't enter."

I sighed. "Who did it?"

"Travelers," he said.

"Damn it. Could you show me where the others are?"

He nodded. "I'll call them to meet us on the edge of town."

Jeremy stepped out of the grill and made the phone call. They were gonna meet us at a cemetery.

I followed Jeremy out to his car. How does Jeremy get a car before me? That's stupid.

We drove to the outskirts of town. I hopped out and immediately noticed my friends.

Damon, Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, Jo, Michelle, Natalyn, and Alaric. I ran to them.

"Kylie?!" Bonnie said.

I smiled. They all ran to me. I was tackled to the ground.

"Ouch," I said laughing.

They all got off of me and just stared at me in shock. "You saved my life," Bonnie said.

"That's what sisters are for," I replied.

She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you," she whispered.

"How'd you make it out?" Damon asked.

"Me and Kai fixed the ascendant. Then I just redid the spell," I explained.

"Kai? As in my brother?" Jo asked.

I nodded. "Before you freak out, he told me he means no harm to your family anymore. He said the only person he would kill is your dad, and that is only if he tries to harm him or anyone he loves."

Jo laughed. "He doesn't love."

I clinched my fist, trying to take deep breaths. Damon must of noticed because he was now rubbing my back.

"Yes, he does. Behind the Kai Parker his dad made him, there is the true Kai Parker. One with emotions, actual loving and caring emotions," I explained.

Jo looked at me confused. "A boy told me he was an abomination and broken. And I could see he was broken, but he was not an abomination. So I showed the boy kindness and love, and I may just have fixed said boy," I said.

Jo looked at me and smiled. She hugged me. "You fixed him?" She asked.

I smiled. "Maybe."

She shook her head. "I never wanted him to get hurt, but our dad didn't stop," she whined.

I rubbed her back. "It's ok. It will be ok."

She pulled away from me and smiled. I turned to the others. "Sorry guys, but I have a boy to meet at the grill. Please, come back here in a few minutes. I'll be here."

Before anyone nodded or disagreed, I chanted the teleportation spell Bonnie taught me. I thought of the grill, and that's were I ended up.

I was in the closet though, so no one could see me. I walked out of the closet and spotted a nervous Kai.

He probably thinks I'm not gonna show. He took a shot of alcohol and shook his head.

He went to stand up, but put my hand on his shoulder. "Leaving so soon?"