Chapter Forty- Just Waiting

I stood in the hideous bedroom, wondering how long it would take to make it pretty. This one room stood out from the rest. It had deep red walls and dark wood floors. The bed was black and the carpet looked like a dead ally cat.

I shook my head at the view, feeling the urge to vomit at its sight. I heard footsteps, so I turned around meeting eyes with Kai.

"Damon has a crew of compelled body builders to lift the furniture and paint the walls," Kai said, pointing over his shoulder.

I nodded. "Send them up. I can't look at this anymore."

Kai laughed and took off back down the stairs. I smiled at him and followed his steps down the stairs.

I exited the house and walked up to Damon and Kai. They seemed to having a discussion, but I didn't mind listening.

"Yeah, you two just go out on the town for a bit. I'll make sure everything is perfect within a few hours time," Damon told Kai.

Damon looked up and over at me. I smiled and waved. Damon smirked and rolled his eyes.

"You didn't have to eavesdrop. It wasn't anything secretive," Damon told me.

I giggled and walked up to them. "Sorry, but not sorry."

Kai turned to me and smiled. "So, I guess we'll be back in a few hours."

I nodded. "Damon, can we take your car?"

Damon laughed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I got tired of that. Stefan got you a car."

Damon pointed behind him, towards a black Ram truck. I smiled at the view, and shook my head.

"You guys didn't have to," I exclaimed.

"Don't let Damon take any claim. It was all me," someone said from behind me.

I turned to see Stefan. I ran over to him and wrapped him in a hug.

"Hey, Ky," Stefan said.

"Hi, Stef," I said back.

I released Stefan from the hug and turned back to the others. Stefan waved at Kai.

"Hi, Kai," Stefan said.

Kai smiled. "Hello to you too, Steven."

Stefan laughed. "Yeah, not my name."

Kai shrugged. "Close enough."

I turned to Stefan. "We are gonna head out. We'll be back in a bit."

Stefan nodded. "We will make sure this place is looking perfect."

I smiled and walked over to Kai, taking his hand and leading him to the truck.

We arrived at the Mystic Grill. It was the main place in this town, and my personal favorite. As we walked in, I eyed me and Damon's table. My eyes then darted to the bar.

I stopped moving and just stared. At the bar sat a familiar man. Kai turned to me, a look of worry on his face.

"What's wrong?" Kai asked.

I nodded over towards the man. Kai looked over the guy and then back at me.

"Who is that?" He asked.

I sighed. "Elijah Mikaelson."

"Oh, I remember him from your memories," Kai said. "Do we go talk to him?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I guess we should."

I walked up to Elijah, Kai following me. I slowly raised my hand and tapped his shoulder. Elijah turned to me with a smile.

"Kylie," Elijah said with joy.

I smiled. "Hello, Elijah."

Elijah examined me with a frown, then he looked over at Kai and smiled.

"Nice to meet you. I am one of Kylie's friends," Elijah greeted.

Kai smiled softly and shook his hand. "I'm Kai. Kylie's boyfriend."

I looked at Kai and smiled at the word boyfriend. The thought of me and Kai dating was different. It felt unrealistic.

"Kylie, I came here to tell you Klaus and Hayley had their baby. They named her Hope. Here, I have a photo," Elijah explained.

He handed me a photo of a baby. She was so precious and gorgeous. She had auburn hair and beautiful blue eyes. She looked a lot like her dad and mom.

I smiled and looked up at Elijah. "She's beautiful."

Elijah nodded. "Yes, she is."

I looked at Kai and showed him the photo. He smiled a bit at it and then looked up at Elijah.

"Kylie, would you like to come and meet her?" Elijah asked.

I looked at Kai and frowned. I shook my head. "I wish I could, but me and you both know that I can't."

Elijah nodded. "I thought you'd say that. That's why I have a backup plan. We will take a trip here."

I smiled. "Me and Kai just got a house together. Why don't you all come stay with us?"

Elijah smiled and nodded. "That'd be a pleasure. I will tell them. Lovely seeing you both."

Elijah stood up and wrapped me in a hug. The embrace felt nice, like it needed to happen.

Elijah left, leaving me and Kai at the bar. Kai sat down and looked at me.

"Things won't be awkward, will they?"

I turned to him and shook my head. "No. Me and Klaus left off on a good note. We are both still good friends."

Kai nodded slowly. "Good, good."

Matt walked over to us and smiled widely. "Kylie, what's up?"

I smiled at him. "Hey, Matt. Could I have a water please."

He nodded and turned to Kai. "One glass of Zima."

Matt laughed. "Sorry, we don't even own that."

Kai sighed. "I don't understand why the world can't have good drinks, do you, Mark?"

Matt rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll just have a glass of bourbon."

Matt nodded and walked off. I turned to Kai and laughed.

"Zima? I've never even heard of it."

Kai laughed and shook his head. "It was some really good stuff."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, sure it was."

Kai grabbed ahold of my hand and smiled. "It was."

I lifted our hands up and looked at them before glancing over at Kai. "Whatever you say."

Kai looked into my eyes and smirked. "I can't believe we are moving in together, today."

I shook my head and smiled. "I can't believe it either. But I'm so happy we are."

He leaned forward and pecked my nose. "I love you, Kylie."

I smiled and pecked his lips. "I love you too, Kai."