Chapter Twenty Eight- Nerves

4 Months Later
I walked into the kitchen, smelling the usual morning breakfast.

"Mmm, pancakes," I exclaimed.

"Morning, Little Bennett," Damon greeted.

"Morning."

I walked over to the table and took a seat. I grabbed the newspaper off of it. I've heard it a few hundred times.

It contained a few facts. The date, which was helpful to know. We were stuck in 1994. It also contained a murder, a few births, and a very hard crossword puzzle.

We had been stuck on one word for months. I turned to the crossword, and gasped.

"Damon, you didn't tell me you do finished it."

"Finished what?" He asked.

I laughed. "The crossword, silly."

He turned to me confused. "I didn't finish it."

I tossed the paper at him and he looked at it in shock. He shook his head.

"I didn't do this."

"If you didn't, Damon, then that means someone else did. Maybe it was Casper," I said smiling.

He laughed. "Who knows? Maybe it was Casper."

Damon put the pancakes on two plates and handed me one. They were decorated with fangs.

"Wow, that's cute."

He smiled. "Why thank you, madam."

I laughed and began to cut into the pancake. I set it in my mouth and hummed. The taste was also so good.

"I'm glad you enjoy my cooking," Damon said.

"I'm glad you cook," I replied.

I finished up my pancakes, and headed over to the sink. I began washing my plate. Damon walked up behind me and set his plate in the sink.

"Could you go to the store?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded. "Sure. What do you want?"

He smiled and set a piece of paper on the counter next to me. I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed.

I wiped off my hands and grabbed the paper. I shoved it into my back pocket and walked to the front door.

"Be back in a bit!" I yelled to Damon.

I walked out of the house and hopped in my car. Yes, I have a car. Damon found an unlocked car for me. It was pretty fancy too.

I drove over to the grocery store and got out. I pulled the paper out of my back pocket and looked at the list.

Fruit
Pancake mix
Whipped cream
Bourbon
Wine
Milk

Surprisingly, the list wasn't as long as last time. I swear Damon had like twenty things on that list.

I grabbed a cart and went through the aisles. I sung to myself, something I did when no one was around.

I grabbed all of the items on the list, plus a few things for myself. I came upon an empty shelf.

I swear it used to be full of pork rinds. Maybe Damon loves pork rinds. Honestly, I've never tried them so I wouldn't know.

I went through the last remaining aisles, when I came up to a weird sight. A man sat in a lawn chair.

I stopped pushing the cart and walked up to him. I smiled at him and caught his gaze. He smiled back.

"Who are you?" I asked.

I sat down in the chair next to him, laying back in the seat. His face was awfully confused.

"Uh, I'm Kai. Why are you not scared or surprised?" He asked.

I laughed. "Your the first new person I've seen in 4 months. Why would I be surprised or scared? Well, surprise makes since, but I'm not. I'm actually over joyed to see a new face."

He smiled for a second and then laughed. "Well then. Who are you?" He asked.

"Kylie," I said.

"I'm joking. I already know who you are. Kylie Bennett, or as Damon says, Little Bennett."

I laughed. "And how do you know that?"

He sighed. "Well, I've been watching you guys for about 4 months."

I nodded. "Makes sense."

He scoffed. "How are you not phased by this?"

"Well, I would have done the same thing. You obviously have been here for a while. If some new people showed up, I'd watch them too. Gotta make sure they are good."

"Gosh, you are good."

I laughed. "Yeah, I know."

He looked down at his bag of pork rinds. "Want one?" He asked.

I looked at them. "I don't know. I've never had one."

He looked at me surprised. "You've never had a pork rind?"

I shook my head. "Nope."

He handed me the bag. "Then you have to try one."

I smiled and took the bag. "Fine. I'll try one."

I grabbed a pork rind and popped it into my mouth. It was different, but it wasn't bad.

"They aren't half bad," I said.

He sighed. "That's good enough, I guess."

I smiled at him and handed the bag back. "So, you staying here, or coming with me?" I asked.

He looked at me, again surprised. This dude was full of facial expressions.

"Uh, sh-sure."

I got up and walked over to the cart. Kai followed behind me. I stopped for a moment, realizing something cool.

"Did you know, most people call me Ky? That means we have like the same name."

Kai laughed. "That's weird."

I shrugged. "Eh, maybe."

I popped the trunk of my car and started putting the groceries in. Kai just stood there.

"Helping is nice," I said.

Kai laughed. "Nice. Not really for me."

I sighed. "Fine."

I put the rest of the groceries in my car and walked the cart back into the store. I made my way back to the car and got in.

"Why'd you do that?" Kai asked.

"I can't stand people who leave the shopping carts in the parking lot."

Kai laughed. "There is literally only three of us here."

I shrugged and began driving. "So, how long have you been here?"

"About 18 years and counting. The only way out of here is a Bennett witch."

I looked at him and smiled. "That's cool."

He shook his head. "Not for me."

"I wish I knew one," I said.

"Oh, you aren't related to them?" Kai asked.

I shook my head. "Nope, sorry."

He sighed. "What are you then?"

Damn it. I didn't think about that. "Werewolf," I blurted.

Werewolf? Really, Kylie?

"Oh, that would explain it."

"Explain what?" I asked.

"The hairiness."

I looked at him. Did he really just say that? He began to laugh.

"I'm kidding. You're not hairy."

I rolled my eyes. I just met this boy and he is already getting on my nerves.