Chapter Thirty Eight- Houses

I walked downstairs and into the living room, looking for Damon. I had to ask him about this house compelling thing.

I walked into the living room, seeing Michelle and Damon cuddled up on the couch. I smiled at them, watching them be cute.

"Little Bennett, could you not stare?" Damon asked.

I giggled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. Damon, can I talk to you?"

Damon sighed and Michelle got up. "I'll leave you two. Be back in when your done," Michelle said.

She smiled as me as she walked past. I went over to the couch and sat next to Damon.

"What is it?" Damon asked.

I smiled. "Do you think you could help me and Kai look for houses tomorrow?"

He smiled at me. "He told you?"

I nodded. "Yeah. And I'm really happy. He seems to have really changed."

"I'm happy for you two. I'd be happy with looking for houses with you guys tomorrow, and then once you guys get settled in we can do the Michelle turning thing," Damon said.

I nodded and kissed Damon on the cheek. "Thanks, Damon."

He smiled. "My pleasure, Little Bennett."

"I'll go get Michelle," I said, running off.

I ran up the stairs and peaked through the rooms, looking for Michelle. I finally found her in one of the spare bathroom.

I opened the door, immediately noticing her looking at herself in the mirror. Without turning to me, she spoke up.

"I really want to be a vampire with Damon, but I'm afraid I won't like," Michelle said.

I looked her and sighed. I walked up to her and rubbed her back. "It's ok, Michelle. Do as you please. Just know, I'm always here for you."

She turned to me and smiled, wrapping me in an embrace. I hugged her back and smiled. She pulled away and looked at me.

"Damon told me about the house thing. That's exciting."

I giggled and nodded. "Yeah. I'm really excited, but I'm extremely nervous."

Michelle shook her head. "There's no point in being nervous. You and Kai are like the ultimate couple."

I laughed and Michelle looked at me with a serious expression. "I'm not joking. When you were in the prison world and Damon was here, he kept saying he was scared for you because of what Kai was. He told us all about the killings. Jo told us too," Michelle explained. "But then when you showed up together, he was smiling. Jo said he was psychotic and had no emotions. That didn't look like no emotions. He looked happy. He looked like he was in love, and you do too."

I grinned, thinking about every word Michelle said. She was right. I was in love with Kai, and she seemed right about Kai's emotions. He clearly was in love with me too, I just find it hard to think someone could love me after everything.

Michelle smiled at me and laughed. "You're doing it again. Just get out of your head. Be happy. Go find Kai and be happy."

I looked at her and giggled. "Yes, ma'am," I said, saluting her.

She laughed as I exited the bathroom. I walked toward my room and stood in the doorway. I stared at Kai as he messed with his new phone.

"Having fun?" I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled. "Yeah. I just made a Twitter account. You should follow me @Cobrakai1972."

I laughed and walked over to him. "Okay, I will. I have an idea for a tweet."

He looked up at me and smirked. "And what is that?"

"Looking for a house with Kylie," I said.

Kai laughed. "How about, looking for a house with my future wife?"

I looked at him, my jaw probably on the floor. I smiled and stared into his eyes.

"Serious?" I asked.

He nodded. "Serious."

I smiled and jumped on top of him. I started giving him kisses all over his face. He was laughing.

He must not of been able to stand the kisses, because he began to tickle me viciously. I was in a fit of laughter.

"Kai! Stop!" I screamed in panic.

I heard the swing open. "What is going on?" I heard Damon's voice say.

Kai stopped tickling me, and we both turned to him. "Oh, sorry, Damon. I was just tickling Kylie," Kai explained.

Damon looked at us and rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just keep it down."

I nodded. "We are leaving anyways. We will be back in a couple hours."

Damon looked at us confused, but instead of asking he just walked off. I looked over at Kai and smiled. Kai smiled back.

"Ready to go house looking?" He asked.

I nodded. "Let's do this thing."

We both got up and looked at each other. We were clearly thinking the same thing; race. We both started sprinting down the stairs and to Damon's car, as I still had the keys.

I hopped in, getting there first. I started the car and turned to Kai.

"I win, you lose," I said, sticking out my tongue.

He rolled his eyes and laughed. "I let you win."

I giggled. "Yeah yeah, whatever you say. You're just a sore loser."

"Oh am I?" He asked, holding his chest.

I smiled and nodded. He sighed. "Fine. You win, I lose."

I laughed. "That's what I thought."

He looked at me and smirked. "What?" I asked.

He just kept smirking at me. I turned to him and smiled sheepishly. "What?" I asked.

He turned away and smiled to himself. "Sorry, I was just distracted by your pretty face."

I laughed. "You are such a sore loser."