Chapter Twenty Nine- Introducing The Sociopath

I pulled up to the house. Kai stayed surprisingly silent the rest of the ride. I got out and popped the trunk.

"Let me bring these in first. Then I'll come back for you," I said.

Kai sighed and nodded. I carried the groceries in and set them on the counter.

"Damon, I'm back! Please, wait in the living room!" I screamed to him.

I went back out to my car and smiled as I walked up to Kai. I pointed towards the house.

"Let's go," I said.

Kai nodded and walked behind me. We entered the living room and Damon's eyes went wide.

"Kylie, who is that?" Damon asked.

I sighed. "This is Kai. I found him at the store."

"Are you the one who finished the crossword?" Damon asked.

Kai nodded. "Yeah, I couldn't stand it. You guys have been working on it for months."

I giggled to myself. "So, you are a vampire and Kylie is a werewolf?" Kai asked.

Damon snorted. "Yeah, I'm a vampire. But Kylie is not a werewolf."

I looked at Damon with wide eyes. Kai scoffed. "You lied?" Kai asked.

I looked at him and nodded. "We just met and you told me that only a Bennett witch can get us out of here, so I lied."

Kai looked at me angrily. Then he sighed. "So you are a Bennett witch?"

I nodded. "Yep."

"What are you?" Damon asked.

Kai turned to him and smiled. "A siphoner."

"What's that?" Damon asked.

Kai reached for my arm. "May I?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Sure. I'm confused though."

Kai grabbed ahold of my arm and a painful feeling went through my body.

"Ahhh!" I screamed.

I looked at Kai and he went flying into a wall. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"How'd you do that?" He asked shocked.

I looked at him confused. "You were hurting me, so I made you stop."

"Yeah, I understand, but it doesn't work like that. You shouldn't have been able to do that. You are way more powerful than I even thought."

I sighed and turned to Damon. "Another one in disbelief."

Damon laughed. "Hey, my bestie is a bad ass."

I laughed and smiled. I turned back to Kai. "So, what did you do to me?" I asked.

Kai stood up and brushed off his shirt. Then he held out his palm, causing fire to appear.

"I used you to create magic for myself," he said.

"So you are a magic sucker?" Damon asked.

I laughed at Damon's nickname. Kai didn't look too pleased. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not a magic sucker. I'm a siphoner. And if I wanted, I could siphon all of your magic and kill both of you."

"Rude," I exclaimed.

"So, how do we get out of here?" I asked.

He sighed. "I need a few things. Damon could you get them for me?"

Damon looked at him and then me. I shrugged and nodded. Damon sighed. "Sure."

Kai wrote down some things and handed Damon the list. I heard Damon's car leave the driveway.

Kai looked at me and smiled. "How are you today?" He asked.

I smiled. "I'm fine. And you?"

"I don't feel, so I'm doing great."

I looked at him confused. "You don't feel?" I asked.

He nodded. I laughed. "Everyone feels."

He shook his head. "Not when you are a sociopath."

"And what makes you a sociopath?"

He sighed. "Have you read the newspaper?"

I nodded. "That means you read the murder part," he said. "That was me, Malachi Parker. Goes missing after attempting to kill all of his siblings."

I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He laughed.

"For what ever you went through to do what you did."

He shook his head. "I don't get it."

"Get what?" I questioned.

"You haven't been mad, or sad, or scared, or surprised at anything I've said. I just told you I attempted to murder my family and you turned it into sympathy. How?"

I shrugged. "I just see the good in things. I want people to ok. Happy. I'm tired of sad things. I can't go through life being sad, not again," I said, muttering the last part.

I could tell Kai was about to ask what I meant, but he was interrupted by Damon.

"Here is all your things. Little Bennett, did he hurt you?" Damon asked.

I shook my head. "No."

Damon sighed. "Good."

Kai looked at us and rolled his eyes. "This will be a minute. I'll call you down when I'm done."

Damon laughed. "Nice try. I'm watching you the whole time. You can leave, Little Bennett."

"Bye, Ky," Kai said as I left.

I smiled at him and waved goodbye to both of them. Wow, Kai was weird.

I went upstairs to my room and decided a shower would be nice. I got undressed and hopped in.

The temperature was really hot, which I loved. I took my time, washing my hair thoroughly.

When I was done, I got out and wrapped a towel around my hair. Then I wrapped one around my body.

I sung as I brushed my teeth in the mirror. Then I dried my body off and got changed into some shorts and an oversized shirt.

I took my hair down and began to blow dry it. I combed through it until it was light and fluffy. My hair was really thick, so it took awhile.

I pulled it up into a ponytail, leaving two pieces out to fall in front of my ears. I grabbed all of my laundry and threw into the washer.

I walked downstairs and into the living room. Kai was asleep on the couch, and Damon was no where to be seen.

I sat down in a chair and watched Kai as he slept. I know it sounds weird, but I was admiring. This boy was really attractive, even if he was a sociopath like he says.

I don't want to believe him. I feel like he has emotions, but he doesn't want to show them. He doesn't want to be hurt ever again.