Chapter Thirty Seven- Shopping

I felt the bed rise, so I opened my eyes to see what was going on. Kai was getting up and slipping on a shirt and sweats.

He turned to me and smiled. "Morning, babe."

My eyes went wide, making him laugh. "Sorry, it's just I only dreamed of you calling me that, and now you are," I blurted.

He looked at me and smirked. "You dreamed of that, huh?"

I shook my head. "I uh, I didn't mean to say that. I meant to say that it's new to me."

He nodded and laughed. "Ok, whatever you say."

I smiled and got up, slipping back on his shirt and a new pair of shorts. Kai was wearing the same outfit as yesterday.

"Let me brush my hair real fast, then we are gonna go shopping for you some new clothes," I said.

He turned to me and smiled. "No thanks. I'm fine with one pair."

I laughed. "Sorry, but I wasn't an offer, it was a command."

Kai laughed and went over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, Kylie."

I looked up at him and pressed a kiss on his lips. "You're welcome."

I pulled out of the hug and went into the bathroom. I grabbed my brush from the counter and ran it through my tangled mess of hair.

Once I was done, I walked back into the bedroom. Kai wasn't there, so I assumed he was in the living room.

I walked down to the living room, and found him drinking bourbon with Damon. The two were talking, so I listened in.

"Could you do that?" Kai asked.

Damon sighed. "I don't know. Compelling people for a car is one thing, but for a house."

"Damon, please. I want Kylie and me to be happy in our own place. Just like you and Michelle are gonna want to be happy in your own place," Kai explained.

Damon laughed. "Stefan and Natalyn are the ones moving out. I'm staying here."

Stefan and Natalyn? Were they a thing? I couldn't help but ask.

"Stefan and Natalyn are a thing now?" I asked, walking into the room.

"Kylie," Kai said. "How much did you hear?"

I giggled. "I just walked in. I heard something about Stefan and Natalyn moving out together," I lied.

Kai nodded. I turned to Damon and he smiled. "Yep, they are dating. But it's a secret. She was gonna tell you tonight."

I nodded, and Damon went on talking. "Michelle wants to turn in a few days. So I guess that happening. I have a question though."

"Go on," I said.

"Even though I'm not fully on board with this Michelle being a vampire thing, I want her to turn easily. Could you possibly stop her heart slowly?" Damon asked.

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, if it's the best way, I will."

Damon smiled. "Thanks, Little Bennett."

I turned to Kai. "Time to go shopping."

He sighed and smiled. "I guess it is."

He got up and followed out to Damon's car, which I stole the keys to. I checked my pocket to make sure I had my bank card. In my account was all my college money, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I pulled up to a local clothing store and got out. I turned to look at Kai as he got out also.

"Whatever you want, grab it," I said.

Kai nodded. "Ok. If you say so."

We walked inside, hand in hand. We went to the back, which held the men's clothing. Kai picked out a few shirts, jeans, shorts, and sweats. He also grabbed a couple jackets.

"$134.85," the cashier said.

I smiled at her and handed her my bank card. She swiped it and smiled, handing it and the clothes back to us.

Once we got in the car, Kai turned to me. "You really shouldn't have."

I smiled and kissed his lips. I pulled back smiling. "But I did."

He laughed and shook his head. "How was I so lucky for you to come to the prison world?"

I smiled and giggled. "I don't know, but you were pretty lucky."

I leaned back over in my seat and started the car. We drove back to the Salvatore house, and made our way to our room.

"Kylie, can we talk?" Kai asked, sitting down on the bed.

I sat down next to him and nodded. "Of course. What is it?"

He grabbed my hands in his and smiled at me. "I was talking to Damon this morning, and we'll...I want us to get a house together."

I smiled at him and nodded. "I'd love that, but how do we afford one?"

He smirked. "Damon is gonna compel someone. We can pick whatever house we want."

"As long as it isn't a family," I added on.

He laughed. "Yeah as long as there isn't a family."

I smiled and kissed his lips. "I could be making your babies right now if we were here alone," I laughed.

Kai looked at me and smiled. "Even more the reason to move."

I laughed and hit his chest softly. "I was joking," I said giggling.

He smiled and kissed me. "I'm fine either way."

I looked down at my hands and smiled. I couldn't get the thought of me and Kai having kids together out of my head. He'd be a great dad.