Chapter Twenty Five- Visitor

"How was dinner?" Damon asked, as I stepped into the car.

I smiled, thinking back to the meal. "It was wonderful. Jo is awfully nice. Her and Alaric make a wonderful couple."

Damon nodded. "Well, that's nice to hear."

I looked over at him, watching as he shifted in his seat. Something was wrong. He was keeping something from me.

"Tell me, Damon," I commanded.

"Tell you what?" Damon questioned.

"Don't play dumb with me, Damon."

"Ugh, fine. You have a visitor."

I looked at him confused. "Who?"

He sighed. "Uh- i-it's Klaus."

"K-k-Klaus," I muttered.

Damon nodded. "Yeah. I'm sorry, Ky. I tried to make him leave, but he wouldn't."

I sighed and looked at Damon. "It's ok. I'll deal with it. I'm sure it won't be that bad."

We pulled up to the Salvatore house. I opened my door and got out. I turned to Damon and frowned.

"Please, walk in front of me," I said.

He nodded and walked around the car. I followed him as he walked into the house. We made our way into the living room, and there I saw him. Klaus Mikaelson with a glass of bourbon in his right hand.

"Klaus?" I said, kinda surprised to see him after all that has happened.

He turned his head towards me and smiled. He leaned forward, setting his glass on the table, before standing up and walking towards me.

"Kylie, it's been so long," Klaus said.

I smiled. Damon coughed and smirked. "I'll be in my room," he said, rolling his eyes before walking off.

I looked back at Klaus. He came up to me and placed a kiss on my temple.

"I've missed you. It's been two years," he said.

He looked down at my stomach, and then at the ground. A frown appeared on my lips.

I lifted his head back up with my forefinger and smiled.

"How is the baby and-," I began, not being able to finish since I didn't know her name.

"Hayley," Klaus finished.

I nodded. "Good. We took over New Orleans. I'm back home. I could only wish for life to have been like it was years ago," Klaus said.

I shook my head in agreement. "I agree too. Years ago I had a loving family. Parents, friends, even my own dog."

He shook his head. "I meant before you died. That life."

I smiled at the ground. "But we can't go back. I do however, want to stay friends and be an aunt to this baby."

He smiled down at me. "I'm glad you want to stay in my life."

I grinned. "Klaus Mikaelson, I will love you always. But we can't go back to how it was, even if I want to so badly."

He nodded. "I understand. And Kylie Bennett, I will also love you always."

He placed a kiss on my forehead before vamp speeding off. I turned to the door, watching it as if I could see him leave.

I wiped my eyes, noticing the tears coming out of them. I made my way into the kitchen, it had a wonderful place in my heart.

I hoped the fridge and grabbed a can of Mtn. Dew, a personal comfort. When I was younger, my foster mom would always give me a can of Mtn. Dew and a snickers bar to make me feel better. And it always did.

I jumped up onto the counter and popped open the lid. I took a sip of the cold beverage, and let it remind me of my old home.

"How'd it go?" Michelle asked.

I jumped up in fright, nearly falling off the countertop. I set my drink down and put my hand over my heart.

"Warning would've been nice," I said laughed.

Michelle giggled and walked closer to me. She grabbed my drink and took a sip.

"Sorry, Ky."

He set the drink back down, and stared at the walls. It was kinda like she was in her head.

"You good, Michelle?" I asked.

Michelle looked at me. "I want Damon to turn me. I want to spend eternity with him."

I looked at her and nodded. Then I sighed. "Are you sure you want that? I get it if you are in love, but you won't be able to have kids. And your gonna have to watch people you love die."

She smiled and nodded. "Yes, I've already thought all this through. And I want to do this. Please be on my side."

I looked at her and shrugged. Then my I began to smile. "Fine. As long as you and Damon are fully good with all of this."

She nodded and wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you, Ky."

I rubbed my hand up and down her back. "Of course, Michelle."

He pulled away and smiled at me, before turning and walking away. I grabbed my soda can and made my way into the living room. I threw myself onto the couch and looked around my room.

I noticed a piece of paper on the side table, so I flicked my fingers, causing it to fly to me.

I grabbed it and opened up the paper. It was a note....to me....from Klaus.

To my true love,
    I hope we see each other again. May it be so you can meet my child, or so you can just stop by for a friendly visit. Please remember one thing. I will love you always.
        -Klaus M

The note fell from my fingers. I began to tremble. My cry's were awfully loud, even through the muffling of a pillow.

I felt a hand rub against my back. I looked up noticing Damon. I immediately wrapped him in a hug, letting all the walls crash down. He didn't have to say anything. And he didn't need to. The comfort was enough.