Chapter Thirty- Leaving

I guess I fell asleep in the chair, because I woke up to an extremely attractive man tapping my shoulder.

"What?" I asked, groggily.

He laughed. "You fell asleep watching me sleep," he said with a smirk.

I smiled. "I wasn't watching you sleep," I said, denying what he said.

He smiled. "Ok. Whatever you say. But I'm done."

I looked at his hand. He was holding some kind of device. He sat down on the sofa and held it up.

"This is what you need to track down with a locator spell," he said.

I nodded. "Ok. Will do. Where is Damon?"

"Right here," Damon said as he walked into the room.

I nodded. "Ok, then. Kai, do you have a map?" I asked.

He looked me and laughed. "Why would I have a map on me?" He said.

He reached his hand behind him and pulled a map out of his pocket. "Here."

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "Ass," I said.

He smirked at me. I spread the map out on the coffee table and set Kai's object beside it.

"Let me see your hand," I said.

Kai nodded and handed me his hand. "Damon," I said.

Damon smiled and walked over to us. He opened his mouth, revealing his fangs. He bit into Kai's hand.

"Ow," Kai exclaimed sarcastically.

I squeezed his hand and let the blood fall onto the paper.

"Gosh, didn't think you were gonna hold my hand already," Kai said.

I rolled my eyes and let go of his hand. He laughed. I began chanting and watched as the blood moved across the paper.

"That's Mystic Falls," I said.

"That's my house," Damon added.

I looked over at a smirking Kai and rolled my eyes. I reached into the pocket of his shirt and grabbed out the
ascendant.

"You had it the whole time?" Damon asked.

Kai smiled. "Sorry, but I really wanted to feel Kylie's hand on my chest."

I smiled to myself, but changed into a plain face when Kai looked at me.

"Ok. Let's go now," Damon said.

"Not so fast. We need to wait for the eclipse," Kai said.

I sighed. "Ok. Then let's go outside and wait," I said.

"Nope. We have to be in a certain spot. I'll show you guys. Just follow me," Kai said.

I looked at Damon and nodded. We both followed Kai out of the house and into the woods.

"Here. You, Damon, need to dig straight down into the tunnel. That is where we do this," Kai explained.

Damon nodded. "Ok."

He picked up a pickaxe that was laying by a tree. He began to dig where Kai directed.

"Kylie, me and you are going shopping real quick," Kai said.

I sighed. "Fine." I turned to Damon. "I'll be right back."

Damon nodded. I left and followed Kai to the store. He opened his bag and headed into the store.

Kai was grabbing random things, making me confused. "Why do you need all this?" I asked.

"Memories, Kylie. Memories."

I laughed. "Whatever you say."

"What are you gonna do when you get out?" Kai asked.

I turned to look at him. "Reunite with my sister and friends. I miss them so much. I was lucky to be stuck with Damon." I realized what I had said and frowned. "I wish you were lucky to get stuck with a friend, or girlfriend," I said nudging him.

He laughed. "I don't have one of those. I don't think I ever have. A few hookups, yes. Girlfriend, nope."

I laughed. "Well, I didn't know Kai Parker was a player."

He smirked. "I won't let you know. You don't seem the type that should be played."

I looked at him and smiled. That was honestly quite nice. Which was really unexpected.

He finished grabbing everything he needed and we headed back into the woods.

"Find it?" I asked.

Damon looked up at me and smiled. "Yep. Didn't take that long. I must have big muscles."

I laughed. "Okay, let's go then."

"One more thing I have to do first," Damon said with a smirk.

He picked up the pickaxe and threw it at Kai. Kai dropped to the ground.

"No!" I screamed.

It was an immediate reaction. I didn't even know what I was doing. I looked at Damon and I could feel my eyes get darker.

He looked at me scared. I took deep breaths, making my eyes go back to normal. I felt tears on my cheeks, so I wiped them away.

"Why?" I asked.

"Sorry, Little Bennett. I just don't trust. He killed his whole family."

"Tried," I corrected him.

"Still I don't trust him."

Damon walked over to him and grabbed the spell from his pocket. "Let's get out of here," Damon said.

I took the spell and looked at Kai one last time. "I'll be down in a second."

Damon nodded and headed down. I grabbed a pen and paper from Kai's bag and wrote down a little note for him. I knew he'd come back to life, well I hoped he would.

I set the note on his stomach and placed a kiss on his forehead. I went to the hole and climbed down.

"Finally you join me. Let's get home," Damon said.

I smiled at him and nodded. "Let's get home."

I grabbed ahold of the ascendant and Damon's hands. I looked down at the spell between my feet, and began chanting.

The light began to appear and a smile pulled at my lips. I looked up and saw Damon smiling also.

"Not so fast," Kai said.

I felt hands tug around my waist, pulling me out of the light.

"Kylie!" Damon shouted.

"Damon, go home! I promise-!" Before I could say anything he was gone. I whisper the last part to myself. "I promise I'll see you soon."