October 17, 2014

"Hi, ladies! Can I help you find anything today?"

Natasha gave the polite sales associate a small, "No, thanks," and pulled my wrist to the back of the store. The music was loud, and there were girls everywhere.

She huffed, not immediately seeing what we had come for. Halloween was soon and neither of us had our costumes ready. Tony had sent a message to the group text, "Wear something sexy." So, here we were at Victoria's Secret.

Bucky said he would wear a costume with me. I asked if it could be kept a surprise until the party. He agreed. I laughed to myself. He would either love it or kill me.

"As long as it's not a horse or something stupid, I don't care, doll."

His costume was sitting inside a bag that swung from my wrist. He would look so handsome. I imagined the black fabric against his skin, dark and handsome velvet soft under my touch. Thank you, Tony's credit card. I smiled at the image in my head. Blissfully unaware of Natasha waltzing towards me with armfuls of lingerie.

She smiled at me, "What do you think of these, babe?" My heart raced, remembering my half of the costume. I skimmed through the options, my eyes catching on one in particular. It was ivory white, lace with a plunging neckline. There were garter clips to attach stockings at the bottom.

I laughed, pulling it from Nat's arms, "Bucky might kill me."

"Well," there was a devious smirk on her face, "you're not dating. What's he to be mad about? That you're hot? He should be thankful you're matching with him." She paused, looking me over with her eyes, "Tony said to dress sexy."

My eyes rolled, I did want it, but I didn't want her to know that. She grinned as I held it, "You need stockings to match."

"You look around; I'll go find some." Really I just needed a mental break from Nat's teasing.

There were delicate choices. Easy for Bucky to tear through. My head spun. Not now. I grabbed a pair of stockings, turning back to find Natasha looking at a black lace bra. She was so pretty.

Clint and Nat were wearing matching costumes too. Bonnie and Clyde. They were cute. It was difficult for me to get a read on Nat's romantic relationships. Her and Clint were together constantly, but I knew she had something with Steve, despite her protests.

She noticed my staring, raising the bra to her chest, and calling across the room, "You like?"

I'm sure my face burned. I nodded in reply, speeding across the tile before she could yell anything else out for the whole world to hear. "Okay, let's get these and go to a costume store."

Nat grinned, tapping her finger under my chin, "You're cute when you're embarrassed." She turned and walked towards the register, leaving me stumbling over my words.

Sometimes I couldn't tell if I wanted to be Nat or if I wanted to be with Nat.

I sighed, not the time. I joined her at the counter and paid with Tony's card.

The Halloween shop was packed with people. We were only here for me, so it would be a quick trip, hopefully. I prayed they would have what I need.

Natasha dragged me a few ailes deep into the store, I needed two different headbands. One was black velvet. I imagined it sitting atop Bucky's head. He really might kill me. Nat picked up the headband I needed, fluffy and glittering. My heart skipped a few beats.

It would be an interesting party.

The last part of my costume was more difficult to locate in the winding and packed store. When we did find it, feathered and sparkly, there was only one left. Nat tossed it into my arms with a grin, "You're going to look so hot. If he's mad about this, it's his loss."

I didn't think Bucky would be mad I was wearing this costume. I think he'd be mad other people could see me in it.

He would be so attractive in his costume, especially if he were angry. Goosebumps tickled my skin.

Natasha was excited to see the events unfold. I think I was more excited for the aftermath.

Two weeks of keeping this from Bucky. Two weeks until he either killed me or any man that looked at me.