May 2, 2015

I waltzed through the kitchen, drifting between spice racks and pantries to gather ingredients for dinner. Penne alla vodka. Simple enough, and the boys liked it.

Speaking of, pairs of arms wrapped around me and swayed around with me. There wasn't any actual music played, just me and my two loves moving in time across the kitchen.

They hummed the same song together, their chests rumbling with a melody.

Kiss me once, then kiss me twice. Then kiss me once again. It's been a long, long time.

I smiled up at them. Their eyes were closed, and a gentle rosy blush blessed their cheeks. They were glowing, golden and alive in the setting sun.

"I love you both," I mumbled into the chests. They pressed kisses to my hair and whispered the same. Gently, I pushed them away from me. "Go," I said. "I'm going to cook."

They frowned, but held each other still. "JARVIS?" Steve asked. "Can you play It's Been a Long, Long Time?"

Bucky hummed with happiness, and the two danced around the kitchen island. His head rested against Steve's who was leading their movements. I felt their thoughts, pleased to see how content they both were.

I swayed as I chopped garlic and sautéed onions. The jazz line faded just as I was putting the tomatoes into the sizzling oil. Another song came on, and I turned to watch the boys dance hand in hand.

A smile pulled at my lips. My boys.