May 29, 2015

Tony Stark. Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Also turning 45 years young.

The compound was insane. I guessed more than a hundred people were in attendance at Tony's birthday party. Music thundered on every floor, girls served glass after glass of champagne and wine, laughter echoed off every wall, and the man himself was at the center of it all.

He smiled brighter than I had ever seen, dazzling and bright white as photos were taken at every second and a new person came to wish him well. Pepper hung from his arm, beautiful in her sparkling silver dress. Tony held her close to his side as he joked and talked with everyone he saw.

Bucky, Steve, and I sat at the bar, watching the party roar with life.

I sipped on my cocktail, running my free fingers up and down Bucky's leg as we sat silently. It was so loud inside, there wasn't much room for conversation. But it was entertaining to watch Sam and Clint play pool, Natasha flirt with a millionaire, and Thor and Bruce sneak to the patio to be alone.

Steve leaned into Bucky's ear and said something I couldn't hear, but Bucky leaned over to me to repeat it. "Do you want to go to the garden? Steve's got a headache." He had to yell for me to be able to understand him, but I smiled and nodded to them, bringing my drink and taking Bucky's hand as we left.

The air outside was warm with the oncoming summer heat, but it wasn't unpleasant yet. The boys guided me past small groups of chattering guests and over the short bridge that lead past a row of hedges and statues. We sat on wooden benches at the far side of the garden, away from prying eyes and the loud bass of music.

Steve's arm fell over Bucky's shoulder, and I turned to face them. "What do you boys want to do?" I asked, letting my hand fall to Bucky's knee and giving it a gentle squeeze.

They looked handsome tonight. Both of them wore white dress shirts, sans tie, a suit jacket, and black dress pants. Simple outfits, but charming nonetheless.

Bucky grinned. "We could always play loaded questions."

I winced, afraid of their interrogations, but I agreed.

He smiled, starting the game since it was his idea. "Steve," he began. "When we were kids, did you have a crush on me immediately?"

Steve scoffed, "No. I thought you were annoying at first." He winked at Bucky, pleased with himself. "Stella, if I didn't ask you to be Bucky's friend, would you have?" He asked.

I laughed, "Yes, of course. He was a bit annoying, but he's cute."

Bucky's jaw dropped in shock. "I am not annoying," he whined.

"I'm only teasing, darling," I giggled. "Speaking of, do you hate it when Steve and I gang up on you?"

His eyes narrowed at me, and he sulked. "No," he mumbled.

Steve and I both laughed loudly, leaning in to kiss either side of Bucky's cheeks and mumble gentle teases.

He tried to keep frowning, but a smile pulled at his lips and gave him away. "Whatever," he grumbled. "Steve, are you ever going to stop being so vanilla in bed?" He asked.

Steve rolled his eyes and ran his hand through his hair. "I don't know what you mean," he said and took a drink.

I laughed and reached over to slap his arm. "He's slow to warm up," I said in his defense. "But, we know he likes to be called daddy." My voice was a low whisper, narrowing my eyes at him and relishing in the way he tensed.

"That's right," Bucky chuckled and leaned closer to Steve's face. "What about Captain? Sir?" Their eyes were moments apart, watching each other intently before Steve's nerves got the better of him and he looked away with a sigh. He grabbed his drink again and took another sip.