April 9, 2015

Bucky sat on the countertop, watching as my hands smoothed my just curled hair. There was a fond smile pulling at his lips, and he reached over to fix a section that had turned the wrong way.

Our eyes met, and butterflies fell through me. He looked unbelievably handsome in his tux. Pepper was being given some award, so the team was going to a private dinner and award ceremony.

There would be paparazzi. Tony told us to dress our best. It would be the first time we attended a public event since our engagement announcement.

My fingers jittered with nerves, but Bucky was as calm as ever. There was bliss set into his brows and an everlasting smile that never seemed to waver. His eyes had been intently watching me as I did my hair and makeup. We said little, but there wasn't much to say.

The world would see us tonight as an engaged couple. Soon to be wed and embark on their happily ever after. Tony had said they loved us. I tried to not pay attention to the media and what everyone said. All I cared about was having Bucky next to me.

Alpine weaved between my legs, butting her head into my ankles and looking up at Bucky expectantly. He patted his leg, and she jumped up to his lap. Daddy's girl. They adored each other and did everything together.

He absentmindedly stroked her chin, and she vibrated like a motor boat. His face held such admiration and happiness, my heart skipped a beat. He looked back up at me as I glided on some lipstick. "You look beautiful, darling." He stood, settling Alpine into the crook of his arm, and placed a kiss on my cheek. He walked into the bedroom, humming a jazz tune.

"You know she's getting hair all over your jacket," I said. I heard him huff and toss Alpine onto the bed. She yelled in protest, and Bucky stepped back into the bathroom.

He shuffled through some cabinets, searching for a lint brush. I grinned and opened the one I knew it was in. My hands wrapped around his biceps and turned him towards me.

I rolled the sticky paper over his jacket, and he held my hips steady, pulling me closer to him. He dipped his head down to whisper in my ear. "How much longer 'til we leave?" I shivered.

"Half an hour," I said quietly.

He grinned; the stubble of his beard stabbed at my cheek, and I groaned when he picked me up and set me on the countertop.

I just did my makeup, can you not make a mess of it?

No promises, wife.

My whole body tingled at that word. Wife. I loved it so. Like music to my ears. A whole symphony in that one syllable word.

His lips found mine, hungry and lustful. He was surely smearing my lipstick everywhere.

I hadn't changed yet; I was still only in Bucky's oversized shirt that acted like a dress on me. He smirked, lifting it's hem and easily pushing down my underwear.

My fingers found his belt loops. If you wanted to do this, you could have at least stayed in your pajamas.

His hand slapped my thigh, and that stinging pain rippled under my skin. Shut up. I know you like the tux. I did. He wasn't wrong.

The way the jacket hugged his muscles and the bowtie that sat cutely around his neck. His pants that so perfectly hugged his form and the shininess of his polished black shoes. My head spun.

Gently, he rocked into me. I clutched his jacket into my fists and sighed at the sensation. "That's my good girl," he muttered against my neck. "So obedient and quiet," his fingers reached up to hold my jaw. His eyes were hooded as he stared at me. "Are you going to be a good girl tonight?" He asked