Chapter thirty-seven

While the boys were away on tour I had gone to audition for Grease. 

I hadn't been in a play since I left home but a local theater was doing Grease. I adored that musical and wanted to be cast in it somehow. Since I couldn't sing in front of people I wanted to be cast in the ensemble. 

My friend Katie from Uni was also auditioning and was the person who told me about it in the first place. I went but Katie had forgotten to tell me that there was a singing part to the audition even if you just wanted to be cast as someone in the background. This really bummed me out but I ended up talking to the director about working behind the scenes. I ended up becoming an assistant stage manager. This was because Katie talked me up about how much I help with Queen and apparently that was kinda like what a stage manager did.

This kept me busy while the boys were off on tour. 

The boys rolled back into town once again and were greeted by all of us this time with balloons and a cake I had made. 

I kissed John all over his face constantly throughout the day. He was finally not going anywhere for a while. He was back with me. 

I was sitting backstage at the Hammersmith in John's lap, hiding my face in his hair while he rubbed my back.

"I can't believe you guys are playing here." I heard Maggie say in awe. "We see like famous people here all the time!"

"I know!" Roger exclaimed. "We are really making it now." 

I was so happy to have John back I was basically ignoring everything else going on. 

"Knock Knock everyone!" A familiar voice said and soon the room was filled with people and talking.

"Aww, they are so cute!" 

I looked up to see my co-workers smiling at me and John. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. 

"Here we are at the Hammersmith Odeon, seeing the lads we helped get started all those years ago." My boss said placing his hands on Brian and Roger's shoulders. "And now, we need V.I.P passes just to get backstage!" 

The concert went well, my staff loved it and were blown away at how much they had improved since the last gig they had been to. 

But Queen had no time to rest, they had another show at nine. There were a lot more groupies floating around this venue. Some giving looks at John that I didn't like. I would place my hand in his to assert my place. They would just roll their eyes at me. But I didn't care, it meant they got the point. 

"Umm the boys are here," Adam said poking his head into the doorframe.

"Well, what are you waiting for, send them in!" Freddie said happily.

Adam nodded and left. 

"So these boys just came and expressed interest in Queen so you offered them free tickets?" Roger asked.

"There a few other things that happened but basically, yeah," I replied. "They are really excited to meet you guys so be nice."

"When am I not nice?" Roger questioned raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not saying that," I responded. "I'm just saying in general."

"Well in general when am I not nice?"

"Ugh just shut up Rog you get what she meant," Freddie said rubbing his forehead. 

"No, I don't. I want to know when I've been not nice!"