Chapter fifty-nine

"Why is your stomach so big?" Jenny asked giggling slightly. It was Christmas morning, we were waiting on Lillian and Julie to arrive before we opened gifts.

"I've got a baby in there." I grinned and her eyes widened.

"Did you eat them?" Jenny asked which caused the whole family to laugh.

"No." I chuckled. "It's just how they grow."

"You were once in your mom's stomach too," John informed her which caused Jenny to quickly turn to her mother.

"I was?!" She asked completely dumbfounded.

"You were." She smiled. "You were in there for nine long months." She said giving her husband a look.

"How does the baby get in there?"

"That's a story for another day sweetie." Linda laughed as Jenny jumped up onto her lap. "That's for another day."

"Why?"

"Just trust me," Linda told her.

The phone rang and Linda's husband informed me that it was my sister. John got up first and pulled me to my feet. I wabbled my way over to the phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Merry Christmas!" Sam yelled into the phone.

"Merry Christmas Sam!" I responded very happy to be hearing from her. "How are you?"

"Tom and I watched the Queen special last night and we saw you!"

"You did not. I was on the telly?"

"Oh yeah, I could see you peeking out from the wings and you were in the pit for a few of the shots."

"What did you think of the concert?"

"I loved it, it was so amazing! I think that was the best Queen concert I have ever experienced. Truly. Please send on my praise to the guys."

"I will. How is Christmas at Tom's? What's his girlfriend like?"

"She's very nice, you'd like her. You'll get to meet her at the trial. As for Christmas, it's as usual, mum is coming over later. Uncle Ralph has been lurking around town. I don't like it."

"Does that mean I'm going to see him at the trial because God knows-"

"I don't know. Dave said he's going to try and get him to go back to Poland. I haven't seen him in person yet and I don't want to."

"I don't want you seeing him either."

Lillian and Julie finally arrived about a half hour later freaking out about Queen and their live performance.

"I am so proud of you!" Lillian exclaimed hugging her son tightly. "I think everyone in town was watching!" She pulled away to face me. "Look at you!!" She shouted placing her hands on my stomach. "It's almost time! I can't believe it!"

"Neither can we." John responded.

Christmas with the Deacons was as enjoyable as usual. John and I mainly received gifts for our baby and we were very grateful.

The cookie decorating contest went on as usual with us taking the title again. Unfortunately, we didn't have time for caroling. But there was always next year when Christmas was back up in York and things weren't so different.

John got the call when we all were eating dinner one night. Everyone continued to eat while I watched my husband grow a huge smile on his face, clearly from what the other person was telling him on the phone. He hung up and came back to the table. He grabbed his glass and clinked it, gaining everyone's attention.