Chapter sixty

"I am?" I asked before looking at John. He smiled nervously.

"You're ready yes. Anyone who is not the father, I'm going to have to ask to step out,"

Suddenly I was panicked. I wanted the baby to come yes, but the actual giving birth part was what I was seriously terrified of.

"Can Lillian please stay?" I asked looking up at her. "I would really like her to be there."

"I'm sorry but that's against hospital regulations." He frowned. Lillian came over to me and took my hands.

"I'm scared," I told her, my hands shaking.

"I know you are darling. I promise you it's going to be okay. You've got this. You really do." She said before kissing my cheek. "You're about to be a mum." She smiled.

Freddie had woken up Maggie and they both were in front of me now.

"I know you're scared," Maggie said holding onto my hand. "I would be beyond scared if I were in your place. But you're Nina Deacon, if anyone can do this it's you."

"But I-"

"Remember what I promised you," Freddie said kissing my hand.

I nodded slowly.

"I love you guys." I sobbed.

"And we love you," Freddie responded. "I am so so proud of you."

Everyone left, it was just John, myself, the doctor, and a few nurses. The contractions were the most painful they had ever been now. I couldn't help but cry out in pain.

The doctor had John change into some scrubs.

"John." I sobbed. "I'm so scared!" I exclaimed as he came back to my side.

"I know, but I promise it's going to be okay."

"How do you know?" I cried. "I don't see a watermelon-sized person coming out of your vagina!"

The nurse laughed slightly.

"You know I would take the pain from you if I could."

The nurse helped me into the stirrups as another contraction came.

"It hurts so bad John!" I cried as he held my hand. I put my face into his chest. "It hurts!"

"I know love, I-"

"Nina it's time, you have to start pushing." Dr. Davis interrupted John.

"I can't." I sobbed. "I'm too afraid."

"Nina," John said in a serious tone. This caused me to come out from his chest. "You are the strongest person I have ever met. I know this is hard and very very painful but if anyone can do this it's you."

I nodded.

"I'm scared...."

"I know you're and so am I, but our child is almost here. You have to keep going for them. I know you can love."

I leaned up and kissed him.

"You are going to be right here right?"

"Always."

I took his hand. I started to push but the contraction soon faded. I turned back to the doctor.

"Okay Nina your next contraction should be coming momentarily now when that happens I'm going to need you to push as hard as you can."

I nodded.

"Okay," I breathed. I looked at John.

"You can do this."