Chapter forty-six

A/N: Before you start this chapter please check out the official A Killer Queen music playlist! Songs that go with the story to listen to while you read! Made by me. Check it out with the link in my conversations section. Apparently I can't post links here. Bummer. Enjoy the chapter!

"I would like to raise a toast to one of my best mates," Freddie said standing up at the table

"I would like to raise a toast to one of my best mates," Freddie said standing up at the table. We were having dinner just before people arrived for John's birthday party. It was Roger, Maggie, Harmony, Mary, Olivia, Freddie, Lillian, Julie, John and I. I had made John's favorite meal.

The cake did come on time and was hidden behind some bags in the kitchen so he wouldn't see it before the party.

"John, I love you like a brother. You were the best thing to ever happen to Queen. Thank you for making us and my best friend Nina very happy." He grinned. "To John!"

Everyone put their glasses up.

"To John!"

Everyone took a sip. John smiled brightly. I stood up this time.

"I would like to add to that." I smiled as John looked up at me. "You've been in my life for three years and it feels like I've known you forever. You are such a good friend and boyfriend. You always are there for me and I love you so much. To you my love." I said. "Cheers!"

Soon people started arriving and our flat got pretty packed. Freddie's mum and sister came and they spent a lot of time on the couch talking with Lillian and Julie.

So many people were coming John couldn't begin a conversation without being interrupted by more people he hardly knew coming into the door.

My boss from the music shop came greeting John with a pat on the back. Matt and Amber came as well.

"I haven't seen you in a while," Amber told him pulling him into a hug. "You never pick up Nina from work anymore."

"Because I'm always at the studio now." He told her as Roger came and refilled his drink. "It's quite exhausting."

"I can imagine," Amber replied as Roger asked her what kind of drink she wanted.

"Suprise me." She said and Roger smiled at her before he went back to the kitchen. "How is Brian?" She asked John.

"Better I think, we are going to see him on Monday."

"How's the new Queen record going?"

"Oh, you know... it's hard to record an album when one of your band's members is in the hospital." He responded rubbing his neck. "But it's going as good as it can be. Brian's been telling us his ideas and he's been writing a song from the hospital."

"I see. Well, we all can't wait it hear it." Amber replied. Amber looked around for a moment. "Where is Snowball Nen I haven't seen the little guy in a while." She frowned. Roger came back over and handed her the drink. She took a sip and gave him a thumbs up. A grin filled Roger's face and soon he had disappeared back into the crowd.